Part Thirty-Eight

It's been two days since your escape from Hasten's clutches.

You stretch, remembering that by the next day, you'll be transported to a facility owned by Ryan's Parents to be protected. 

You are somewhat nervous to be leaving the area since this has been your home for a long time.

Joan keeps assuring you that this is the best measure to take. You will go into hiding and live out the rest of your life until Hasten is dead, or you are. 

You watch as the vehicle you will be leaving in pulls up, two females step out, one has blonde hair, pulled into a tight low ponytail, with a professional business suit, the other has short black hair, tanned skin and a matching suit. They enter the house and you hear Joan greet them.

You leave the room, heading downstairs to see what's going on.

Ryan is at the door with his mother as Peter stands off to the side to let the two older women in.

"Joan it's so nice to see you again!" the blonde gives Joan a hug as the darker skinned women shakes Ryan's hand. "Penelope, It's nice to see you too" Joan says to the blonde. 

"How are you doing Ana?" The tanned skin women smiles "I'm doing great! So who will we be transporting today?" Joan turns to you and waves, signalling to come closer.

You walk over as the two women eye you up, staring intently at your eyes.

You feel slightly uncomfortable as Peter notices and steps beside you, placing his arm around your shoulder.

You look up at Peter as he smiles at the two females "Nice to meet you two, I'm Peter, I'll be the one coming with you two while we escort Emi to her new placement."

Penelope eagerly puts her hand out for Peter to shake "You're Peter? The youngest hunter to be accepted into the association and have the highest level ever recorded? It's an honour to meet you!" Peter shakes her hand, smiling as Ana does the same.

Woah, Peter must be a bigger deal than you imagined.

"And you must be Miss Stanislav!" You nod your head as Penelope's gaze lingers on your eyes.

"It's nice to meet you!" Ana gives a soft smile, "If you need anything Emi, just let me know"

You acknowledge Ana as Joan ushers you into the living room. Everyone is here except for Madelyn and Josh. You take a seat with Peter beside you, and Greg on the other couch. 

Ryan sits while the others stand, saying they prefer to, since they drove three hours to get here. "Everything is set; we just need the last piece" Ana motions to you. 

"We will leave at dawn tomorrow, which should give us enough time to get to the base and settle Emi in."