Part Fifteen

You watch in horror as his canines grow to an unnatural length. "What are you doing?!" You breathe as he gives an inhuman grin, his eyes turn from his captivating green to a dark glowing red. The hand that had held your head close to his has now grabbed your hair, pulling your head to the side, leaving your neck wide open.

"I need to hear you scream" his voice was low, a whisper, it sent a chill through your body. You begin to struggle wildly, only to find it doesn't matter. He is much stronger, you might as well be a helpless kitten.

Hasten slowly licks a spot on your neck then without hesitation sinks his teeth in. You let out a startled cry as a burning pain surges throughout your neck, travelling down your spine, and through what felt like your muscles. 

You feel him sink deeper into the bite and causing you to cry out in pain. You feel your body become heavy as your eyelids start to close. Hasten becomes aware of your failing strength and slowly pulls away from the wound he inflicted, lapping up at the vital fluid. 

Your eyes open slowly as you hear a rush of footsteps. A desperate sob escaped your throat as you notice who has stumbled across this scene. 

"Madelyn?"

Ryan's POV!

"Ugh! Where could she be?" Madelyn complained as she crossed her arms over her chest and pouts. Madelyn has never been the patience one in the group, so it's no surprise that she's the first one to complain.

"It may be pointless, but we have to at least try." Greg mutters as Madelyn shakes her head, but stays quiet nevertheless.

You all walk in silence as Greg scans over the area. Your mind keeps playing over the footage you had witnessed. Emi is not supernatural in any way or form. She can't even open a pickle jar on her own, let alone a top of the line rehabilitation facility.

"I'm so confused, I don't know what to believe anymore" the gang stops walking and turns to you. 

"Don't jump to conclusions Ryan, we don't know the whole story." Greg reassures as you run a hand through your hair. "The footage is pretty convincing." Josh mumbles as Greg stare blankly. "If Emi was really some kind of supernatural being do you really think we wouldn't have clued in?" Greg has always had a level head in terrible situations. "We just need to locate Emi and then make accusations."

The search continues as you begin to walk into old downtown. This place is one of the worst places in this town for creatures of the night. This is where you spend most nights just because of high volumes of vampires and demons.

Madelyn stops dead in her tracks. 

"Did you hear that?" The urgency in her voice pulls you out of your thoughts.

"Hear what?" Josh asks as Madelyn looks ahead of the group, with a concentrated expression. "That voice..." she whispers, 

"It's Emi" and with that she sprints towards the noise, the rest of you follow in haste.