39

(What i imagined him to look like ☝)
"Oh dear" i was pulled into a hug by anty Lilah and i let out all the cry i was holding in....
"Shhhh" she cooed and pull away..
"Come in" she pulled me in and sat us both down on the couch, she went and came back with water for the two of us and she just stare at us....
I couldn't say anything and i was brought out of my misery when i heard a baby cry, my heart clenched...
"I will be right back" she said and went out, she came back with her daughter and breast feed her while asking if we are hungry....
"No, we just need a place to stay for few days"i said ...
"What happened?" She asked and i sniffed....
"He's just being difficult, he...."i don't know how to explain it to her, i just let it hang...
"this is part of marriage life, its part of what we face for choosing who we marry, you know, hiding here and laying low won't get your husband back" she said and i frown...
"But i tried, i tried to make him smile, he just seems cold and out of it" i said...
"We all deal with our loss in different ways, and it will be harder on him considering the mother of his child did that to him" she said and then i think about it, he blames himself, true he was being harsh, but still, may be i should ask him what happened between the two of them, may be he just want me to hear him out, he just want to say it out loud..... I hope am right...
"Thanks auntie, i need that" i said and looked at snow white who looked exhausted...
"May be we should go home and have you rest" i whispered to her and she nods..
"Thanks aunt, for listening to me, i lied to you guys but i hope you forgive me" i said and she waved me off..
"Its OK baby, you have your reasons" she said and i stood up, we hailed a taxi and came back home...
I pushed the door open and walked in, it was quiet then, i heard foot step ,he stood up leaning of the rail and staring at me, he looks so sad and i want to cry again...
"go rest OK?" I said to snow white smiling and i look up as she walk away quietly , he just keep staring but his hold on the rail is a tight grip, still dressed in his earlier cloth i climb the stairs and he followed me with his eyes, up close he looks like he have been crying...
"Can we talk?" I asked my voice cracking and he stood up straight and walk towards my room, he opened the door and walk in, he sat down, his back to the bed, facing the window...
"Tell me about her" i said quietly and he breath hard..
"There is nothing to talk about" he said and i frown...
"Your relationship with..."he cut me off with a laugh...
"There was no relationship, no even a one night stand" he said stretching his legs, i sat beside him...
"What happened then?"i asked...
"I didn't even know her until the next morning it happened, i went to a birthday party and the last thing i remembered was drinking coke, i didn't do any drugs or take any beer, i brought the coke myself just to be safe but some how, she drugged me, i still remember her talking to me and i dropped the drink on the counter, someone must have helped her, the next day i was naked on some strangers bed, i was confused at first then she moved, she smiled at me and i jumped off the bed and quickly dress, she ran after me but i was already at the dorm room and Scott was worried, he said he searched for me but thought i ditch him so he came back to the dorm and when he couldn't find me he ask around" he paused and i stay quiet...
"I went to school the next day and find out we are in the same. department and year, she is in all my classes so i left school that day and told ammal i need to be back at home for few weeks" he said shaking his head..
"She was worried, Scott wanted to know what happened but i just upped and left, she took my virginity and i didn't even know, i still don't remember anything from that night" he turn to me......
"I couldn't tell anyone and ammal send me back to finish school after 3 months of hiding, so back to the school i went and met the shock of my life, she walked up to me and said she was pregnant, now i didn't know her until that night, i just have a good look at her and she was happy she was pregnant, she smiled and all and i just stood there wondering what was her aim, so i asked her and she said she loved me, she said she have loved me since the day i walked into class and i feel sick, so i told her i don't believe it is my baby and told her to get away from me or am going to report her to the cops, she insisted and said i was her first and last and that she will keep the baby, she then started crying, i couldn't care and told her she brought it upon herself" he sigh and pull his hair out of the bun..
"I didn't treat her right, i didn't even know where she lived, what she does and what she eat, i just want her out of my life and i was too young to have a baby, and ammal will be heartbroken ,scott finds out, she told him and he knock some senses into me, he told me to wait and take a DNA test and if its negative fine and if its positive i just have to take it as one of life event and move on" he laughed...
"I wish it was that simple, so she would show up at my dorm and her stomach was growing, i hate her so much and i couldn't report her to the police for abuse, what if they send her to jail and the baby is really mine?, i would give her money and tell her to stay away, she show up outside class, tell me she wants to eat and i will give her money and walk away, it keep going on and she dropped out of school, i didn't care, she is out of my hair, then i got a call from scott saying she is doing drugs, for what ever reason i got angry and went to her, i guess you will say father instincts and that was the mistake of my life, she tried so hard to harm the baby just to get my attention, i threaten to take the case to the police for abuse and all, she said she doesn't care as long as she gets rid of the baby taking all the care from her..." He sighed..
"When she gave birth i didn't even know but Scott have been keeping tabs on her,he ha a guy following her, so he told us he saw her she was in labor by then i just bought that company, i used my inheritance and scott joined some of his wealth too, i was busy with it and couldn't go, so i gave Scott my hair and he went to the hospital for me, money talks and the result came in 2 days, it was positive" he finished and tug at his hair...