Chapter 1

The doors at the end of the hallway opened, blowing a breeze through my medium long brunette hair, and sent it into a mess. I ran my hand through my hair to fix it back to the way it was. Then I glanced down the hallway to see who the moron was that opened the doors. It wasn’t just one moron, but five morons. All of them walked in sync together, but one guy was more ahead than the other and the other four were by his sides, two each. They were somewhat dressed the same; the rapper or skater look. The one that barely caught my eye was wearing a grey beanie with his dirty blonde hair sticking out the front, and he walking right towards me.

I went back to putting a Pre Calc textbook away and grabbed my Government textbook. Too bad it’s not one of my free periods. I’d go grab an early lunch. Sadly, I have to wait until after Government.

Next thing I know, he’s leaning up against the locker next to mine with one hand in his pocket and, probably what he believes is, a winning smile. I think it’s a bit overdone.

“Hey, the names Cole Pendery and I’m single.” He stated, continuing to stare at me with his brown eyes. He is kind of cute, but the way he said that kind of offended me. It’s like I’m supposed to be swooned by him already- all the other girls in the hallway were and they were shooting me daggers. How lovely.

I made a short, hysteric laugh and stated back with a smirk, “And I’m not interested.” I shut my locker and turned my back on him to head towards the Government room.

I heard him call out, “Can I at least know your name?”

I looked over my shoulder and yelled, “Don’t worry about it.” Then I made the rest of my way to the Government room and plopped down in the seat next to, my best friend ever, Dalton; Yes, he’s a guy and no, he’s not gay. We sit in the back corner of the room. The teacher never pays attention to us and we never pay attention to him; it’s a win-win.

“You will never believe the try hard I saw, and he hit on me.” I stated.

Dalton looked away from his composition notebook and gave me curious, amused look. "So what’s his name?”

For some odd reason his ice blue eyes popped out even more to me; it’s kind of shocking he doesn’t have a girlfriend. Since I’ve known him, he’s never had a girlfriend. It's a little weird. He could easily get a girlfriend; he’s got the spine tingling voice (in a good way), he can play the guitar amazingly, he writes his own songs, he’s so sweet, he’s drop dead hilarious, and he’s got the looks. Although, he does dress a little hardcore, but that doesn’t bother me. If we weren’t such great friends, I might actually date him.

I pushed my thoughts away as I replied in a mocking tone, “Cole Pendery.”

“Cole Pendery?” He asked, turning more towards me, and telling me I had his full attention.

I nodded. "Seriously, he’s the type that’s used to getting any girl he wants.”

Dalton shook his head. "Don’t say that about him. He’s actually a pretty chill dude.”

I slit my eyes a bit. “How do you know? Do you know him?"

He looked like he was mentally cursing himself or something. But then he answered with a huff, “Yeah, he’s in the boy band I used to be in called IM5. We were pretty popular.”

“I M what?” I asked, raising a brow.

“IM5.” He cleared up with a roll of eye. “And yes it was a boy band. We sung pop and R&B music. We also danced in sync with somewhat cheesy dance moves.”

I had to stifle back the laugh I wanted to burst out. “You were in a pop boy band? Bleach blonde spiked hair, black eyeliner, and skull tshirt wearing Dalton was in a boy band?” I had to smack my hand on the desk to really stop from laughing out loud.