A Lifetime of Orchids

Book - A Lifetime Of Orchids by roseypinkskies

Reviewed By - dee_hope

GRAMMATICAL CONSTRUCTION : 10

Hundo P perfect. It was absolutely flawless; each sentence fit just how you made it.

GRAMMATICAL ERRORS : 10

The whole time I kept reading over for errors, I noticed none. They might have been there, but they definitely didn't show.

EASILY UNDERSTAND : 10

Your work was simply something of pure literature. But unlike something out of Shakespeare, it wasn't that hard to understand what you were on about; that was awesome, you made it poetic but you were still conscious about the whole thing.

USE OF VOCABULARY : 10

Perfect. Learnt a bunch of new words, and a bunch of flower names. Lol.

USE OF PUNCTUATIONS : 10

Punctuations were where they were meant to be placed.

PORTRAIT OF THE STORY IN THE TITLE OF THE BOOK : 09

The book was about orchids, correct. But, I felt like there was so much more beyond just the orchids. There's so much story in Eli's conflict in his/her/their genders, Sunny's abuse, the struggle of being different... however, the orchids, played no role in those. But aside that, still a good title.

LESSONS GAINED : 10

Embracing differences...
  An emphasized point in the book was the difference between Eli, Sunny (and later on Chrys and Adelaide) and the rest of the town. Being different was almost like a deformity. A lesson learnt from that is that, we are not all one in the same. We're merely of the same genus and species, but apart from that, we contain different characteristics that make us who we are, what we are and what we believe in.

Standing up for others and yourself...
   It was Sunny and Eli against the town, they stood for what they believed in and weren't ashamed. When the twins came, Sunny took it upon herself to protect them. That's pure humanity and so heartfelt.

You can't run away from your problems...
    Whether it's a curse, or a past that leaves you scarred for life. Its something we can't run away from as it is now who we have become. All we can do is... keep going.

CHARACTER SKETCH : 09

Sunny at the beginning of the chapter was quite skeptical about magic, and merely hated the thought of it. She hated how much the town was obsessed over it and what the town thought possessed it -- the orchids. But I think at the end she kind of got what it was all about, althoght she still didn't like it, she now understood it was a sort of lifestyle for the town. Something they had become accustomed to and couldn't grow out of.

So far she's the only one I've seen change in, perhaps if the book were to continue we would see more character sketches.

I totally love your writing style and I adore the book plot and the characters are literally almost, always relatable. Its all just... Magical. 

Score - 78/80

Thank you.