Music In Me

Book :- Music in me by Fangirl4eva18

Reviewed by :- Synonymous_Boost

Grammatical construction :- 10

Grammatical construction is one of the best I have come through with no major faults.

Grammatical errors :- 09

There are minimal errors regarding grammar. Readers can ignore it and move on with the story, very easily. But, it doesn't hide the fact that there are places where grammar needs a bit alternating.

Easily understood :- 10

Both the plot and the story can be easily understood.

Use of vocabulary :- 09

Very simple and easy words are used in the story. Please try to use more more convincing words. It will make the reading more interesting.

Use of punctuation marks :- 09

There are a few places where punctuation marks needs to be altered. Some paragraphs contain sentences which needs paragraph changing. Also, comma needs to be used at some places.

Portrait of the story in the title of the book :- 09

The book is based on the words and feelings of a person. Sometimes, the words and feelings ring inside our head as a soft rhythm of music.

The title do suit the book but, better title could have been used.

Lessons gained :- 10

We get to learn that 'nothing is perfect'. We should never be in the illusion that our life is perfect for noone knows when our illusion will be shattered.

Also, we get to learn that we are our only permanent alliance. Everything and everyone leaves when time comes except us.

Character sketching :- 09

Even though the book is a short story, the characters needs development.

Other characters such as Stella, Jake and Lucy are there just for introduction....  which is not a bad idea. But, they could have got a role in 15 year's Elena's life too. This would have shown there character development.

Elena's parents do go through some light. But, no development is shown in their character. They are portrayed as the parents who disagree with each others but want the best for their children. Even if, that means fighting constantly and making bad impression on children's mind.

Elena, takes this matter with  quite some maturity which shows that she has developed from being a naive child who believes in superheroes and perfectionists, to a person who thinks rationally. She adopts writing diary because she knows that the world don't value her words.

Overall, Music in Me, is for every single person who believes in perfection. Read it and you will get to know that 'nothing is permanent and only permanent is perfect'.

Score :- 75/80

Thank you.