Thirty-eight

Daryl's POV
After Anna was put in Block A, Rick went into a depression. I knew that he was worried about her. He's afraid that he might lose his eldest daughter. I know what he is feeling. I'm afraid to lose my wife, my best friend, the mother to our children.

We were in the inner courtyard where Tyreese was showing us the bodies he had found.

"You found them here like this?" Rick had asked.

Tyreese gave Rick a look.

"I came to see Karen," Tyreese began, "and I saw the blood on the floor. Then I smelled them. Somebody dragged them out here and set them on fire. They killed them and set them on fire!"

He stepped towards Rick.

"You're a cop. You find out who did this and you bring 'em to me. You understand? You bring 'em to me. "

I grabbed him to pull him back and said,
"We'll find out who--

Tyreese pushed me away.

"I need to say it again?"
"No. No." Rick finally said, "I know what you're feeling. I've been there. You saw me there. It's dangerous."
"Karen didn't deserve this."
"No."
"David didn't deserve this. Nobody does."

I tried to intervene again,
"All right, man, let's--

Tyreese pushed back to the fence, yelling,
"Man, I ain't going nowhere till I find who did this!"

Carol and Rick tried to pull Tyreese back and I waved them back. Tyreese was breathing and grunting heavy.
"We're on the same side, man," I said.
Rick jumped back in, "Hey, look. I know what you're going through. Daryl knows what you're going through. We've all lost someone. We know what you're going through right now, but you've got to calm down."

Tyreese turned around and pushed Rick.
"You need to step the hell back!"
"She wouldn't want to you being like this."

Tyreese punched Rick.
"Stop!" Carol yelled, "Stop!"
She grabbed Tyreese and pulled him away but he yanked back and continued.
"Stop!"

This time I jumped in and tried to stop him.
"That's enough."

When Rick got up, he punched Tyreese down this time. He began to beat the living hell out of Tyreese.

"Rick," I called.

I went over and tried to pull him off.
"Stop."
"Let go of me!"
"No. No."
"Let go of me!"

Rick pushed me away from him. None of us could believe what Rick had just done.

The council had decided that I was going to take a group out to vet tech to collect some medicine for the sick. But before we gathered in the courtyard, I went to see Anna. Maggie had told me that she woke up.

I quickly ran to Block A. When I looked through the window, I saw Anna and Sasha talking to each other. I knocked on the window. Anna looked over here and smiled. She got up and came over here.

"Daryl," she said.
"Anna, I'm so sorry that you are stuck in there," I tearfully said.
"Daryl, it's not your fault."
"Yes, it is. I knew something was going on with you and I promised you that I would go out and get medicine for you." 
"Daryl..." she sighed, "You did everything you could. Right now, the best thing for you to do is to go out and get those supplies. We cannot let this flu get to Judith, Enzo, and Cassie."
"Anna..."
"Daryl, go. I'll be fine."

I nodded and left.

Anna's POV
Yesterday, I finally woke up from passing out. Maggie had informed me that an aggressive strand of the flu is going around the prison. At first, I freaked out because I was worried about my kids and family. But then when Daryl came to see me, I was fine.

I tried to help out as much as I could. With everyone either coming down sick, taking care of the prison or going on supply runs, they needed some help taking care of the ill. Hershel came in here with some water, and of course, I took some.

"Thanks, Hershel," I said.
"How are you feeling, Anna?" Hershel asked.
"Worse. I hate being in here."
"I know."
"Hershel, I should be out there with my kids."
"Enzo and Cassie are doing just fine."
"And I believe you." 
"I know you do. Well, I have to go check on the others. I'll be back as soon as I can."

I nodded at him. I closed my eyes. I hoped that this illness will pass quickly.