Fourteen

Previously on AMC's The Walking Dead:
Two walkers chased Sophia out from under her car. Dad ran in to get her back. When he left her she ran away.
Dad and Daryl went to look for her. Couldn't find her. All of us decided to look. Dad, Shane, Carl and I pressed on. Carl and I saw a deer. The next thing I noticed was getting shot.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rick's POV:
"No!" I yelled, "Annabelle!"
I ran to her, she wasn't moving and was bleeding bad. So, I picked her up and I ran. The guy who had shot her is named Otis. Shane wanted to kill him, but we have no time for that.

"Hey!" Shane yelled, "You move shithead! Come on, get us there!"

I turned around and yelled, "How far?! How far?!"

He panted and replied, "Another half mile that way."

I ran the way where Otis pointed.

"Hershel!" Otis exclaimed, "Talk to Hershel, he'll fix your girl."

Ok, I got that. So, while Shane tries to get Otis to move, I'll be at the barn. I saw the barn once I got over the hill.

"Dad!" A young girl yelled.

A group came out of the house. The old man in front held them back. I was still panting and grunting.

"Was she bit?!" The old man asked.

"Shot." I retorted, "By your man."

"Otis?" The lady on left asked.

"He said to find Hershel." I clamored, "Is that you?

"Get her inside," Hershel ordered.

"Help me." I begged, "Help my girl."

Once we got inside, Hershel was ordering everybody to get stuff for Anna. I'm so scared. Lori might kill me herself for what happened to Annabelle.

"Patricia, I need my full kit" Hershel stated, "Maggie,"

"Yeah." She said.

"Painkillers coagulates-- grab everything."

"Okay."

I followed Hershel into a bedroom and set Anna on the bed that he cleared.

"Clean towels, sheets, alcohol in here. Pillowcase."

"Is she alive?" I asked.

"Pillowcase, quick."

"Is she alive?"

"Fold it. Make it into a pad."

Hershel grabbed a stethoscope and measured Anna's heartbeat. Than Patricia pushed me out of the way.

"I've got it. Step back." She stated.

"Maggie, I.V," Hershel exclaimed.

Maggie told me that they needed some space. But I was too focused on my baby girl to move.

"Name?" Hershel stated.

"R-R-Rick." I stammered.

"Rick?"

"I'm-I'm Rick."

"Rick, we're gonna do everything we can, okay. You need to give us some room. Now."

I walked out of the room. There noise coming from outside, it was Shane and Otis. Finally. I decided to meet them outside. Otis had a sincere look on his face.

"She's alive." Otis clamored, "She's still alive."

I ignored him. Shane came up to me and he's telling me everything is going to be okay. I sort of, kind of believe Shane that everything's gonna be okay.

"Where is she?" Shane asked, "Where is she? Is she okay?"

I led them to the bedroom, where Anna's in. Shane and Otis were in shock. As we went in there Hershel was still putting pressure on Anna's wound.

"You know her blood type?" Hershel asked.

"A-positive." I said, "Just like me."

"That's fortunate." Hershel exclaimed, "Don't wander too far, we're gonna need you."

Shane and I looked at each other, I have no idea who would. Maybe Daryl.
Hershel was cleaning up as he did get some of the bullet fragments from out of her body. But the other fragments were too close her heart.

"What happened?" Hershel asked.

"I was tracking a buck." Otis explained, "Bullet went through it. Went clean through."

"The deer slowed it down." Hershel announced, "Which certainly saved her life. But it did not go clean through."

"My wife doesn't know." I complained, "My wife doesn't know."
--------------------------------------
I was talking to Shane about how all of this was my fault. Anna getting shot, I couldn't forgive myself. We also talked about getting the rest.

"Rick!" Maggie panicked, "She needs blood."

Shane and I walked, hearing Anna crying. I hope that's not a sign of her dying. Shane held Anna down, as she was yelling for me.

"Dad!" She screamed. 

"Do it!" I exclaimed.

As Patricia was preparing for blood transfusion, Hershel was trying to pull out fragments, but Anna was screaming because it hurt so much.

"Stop!" I yelled, "You're killing her!"

"Rick, you want her to live?!" Hershel informed.

"She needs blood!" Patricia announced.

"Do it now!" Shane yelled.

We were getting ready. All of us sudden, the crying stop.

"Wait," Shane said, "wait. Hey."

"She just passed out." Hershel informed again, "One down five to go."