thirty

These next few chapters are gonna lead up to the finale of the book, this chapter, will kinda lead up to their baby's birth. Hope you enjoy.
_________________________________
The next day, I couldn't really do anything. With me about to give birth soon, dad's been keeping me cooped up. I came out of my cell and saw Andrea. She turned, saw me, and smiled.

"Anna," Andrea said while hugging me,
"Where's Shane?"

Andrea looked around.

"Lori?"
"She had a girl, didn't survive," Hershel explained.
"Neither did T-Dog," Carol joined.

Andrea was telling us something about Phillip gearing for war.

"Then we'll be ready for when he comes," I said.

I walked out as soon as I said that; I couldn't believe that she understood that monster all this time. Now, all of us are in danger.

"Anna, look I know you want a safe haven you and your baby. Come to Woodbury, Phillip can assure your safety."

I turn back around and look at Andrea, dead straight in the eye.

"I don't want to raise my child in some murder village."
"He's not a murderer."
"Oh yeah. How many people did he kill in our group?"
"I don't know."
"Exactly."
I finally walked away from that. I'm pretty sure that someone had heard me.

I went back to my cell. I took a seat on my bed thinking about the worst that's coming.

At first, I didn't realize that Merle was standing in the doorway until he made a noise. I turn around and looked at him.

"What?" I said.
"You're stressed," He replied.
"Ya think?"
He chuckled.

"Everything will be okay Anna."
I looked at Merle.

"How can you be sure?"
"Because, my mother went through the same thing when she had Daryl and Nikki."

He came in and sat down next to me.

"My father was a drug addict, he beat my mother, Daryl and me. One day, my mother figured out that she was having a girl. Mom knew that dad was going to be mad, so she gotten so stressed out to the point where she was going to commit suicide. But, dad came to his senses that it was going be a girl and he was happy about it. My point is, I don't what the same thing to happen to you. I've never seen my brother this happy before."
"What are you saying Merle?"
"What I'm saying is, don't let the Governor get to you. Whatever happens you know Daryl will protect you."

I smiled at that.

"Why are you being so nice to me?"

Merle put his hand on my shoulder and smiled.

"Because of Daryl."

I started to tear up from that. This is not the same Merle Dixon whom I met a year ago. He's different.

"And, I think you should name your kid after me."

I looked at Merle, is he crazy?

"What if the baby is a girl?"
"Still..."

I laughed.
"I'll keep that in mind."
Merle laughed. He pulled me in for a hug.
"Thank you Merle."
"For what?"
"Keeping my hopes up."
"That's what I'm here for kid."
_________________________________