twenty-two

Anna's POV
The next morning was ok. I helped out mom and Carl in the house. We were talking and then all of a sudden we heard a car horn. Maggie, mom, Carl and I ran outside, dad and Glenn were back with Hershel. Maggie ran straight to Glenn, completely ignoring her father. We, on the other hand, ran to our father.

"Are you hurt?" mom asked.

"No," dad replied, "but what happened to you?"

"I was in a car accident."

"Accident, how?"

Daryl pulled me off to the side and pointed to a young boy in the car. I was about to ask who that was but T-Dog beat me to it. Except for Daryl and me, everyone else went inside. We were put in charge of the boy.

"Why did dad brought him?" I asked.

"You know your father." Daryl replied, "Kill the dead, not the living."

"True. He probably did not want to leave him out there to bleed out and die."

"Yeah. Your father and I decided that it wasn't the right thing to do." Hershel said while passing by.

"Hun, I'm gonna go inside," Daryl whispered.

I nodded. I didn't want to go inside and be part of the conversation. Not too long after, both Daryl and Carol came out. I got a little worried.
...
Shane and dad left to go drop Randall off somewhere. I, on the other hand, was helping Maggie, Andrea, and mom with Beth. It was my turn to watch Beth.

"Beth, I know what you're going through right now." I said, "Trust me, I understand."

She's still not talking to me. I heard the door opened behind me, it was mom. I smiled and got up. I hope everything will be alright with Beth. Mom came back downstairs, having a distraught look on her face.

"Everything okay mom?" I asked.

"Yeah." She replied.

I nodded. I got up from the table and went outside. I wish Daryl was right here with me. He's currently dealing with Carol at the moment. The door shut behind me, I looked behind me and it was Maggie. She looked exhausted. She looked at me and I looked at her. Maggie smiled at me, I put my hand on her knee.

"Everything's gonna be alright Maggie.' I assured, "Beth's gonna make a recovery. It's gonna take some time."

"I know Anna. I know."

She got back up and went back inside. I'm guessing that she's gonna go check on Beth. I should probably get up and go upstairs myself. Once I got upstairs, I opened up the door and saw Beth holding her wrist.