Thirteen

After we got away from the CDC, we broke down on the road again. This time it was gas and supplies. I went up the street to find some personal items for myself. As I was getting some stuff from a car, I felt someone grabbing me from behind. I felt the hands, it was Daryl.

"Hey, Anna," Daryl said.

"Hey, Daryl," I replied.

Daryl leaned in and gave me a quick kiss. I still haven't told dad and mom about me and Daryl. Two reasons why; one, mom can be a bitch sometimes; two, dad can be overprotective sometimes.

He went off to go see what T-Dog was up to. I went on to do my own thing. You wanna know how focus I can be? I can so focus that I won't be able to hear anyone, including walkers.
Out of nowhere, someone grabbed me from behind and dragged me under a car. I looked at the person it was Shane.

"Shane, what the..."

He put one of his hands over my mouth and gave me the hush. I started to hear moaning and groaning, it was a herd of walkers. One of them was about to look under my car, but he then walked off and went to Sophia. No, not Sophia. I looked at Mom and Carol. Mom was trying to keep Carol quiet. She was crying.

Sophia was trying not to make a noise, but the walker had picked up Sophia's scent. She went out on the other side and ran off into the woods, two of the walkers followed her. Carol ran out from under the car. I got out from the that I was under and ran to Carol.

I held her back the best as I could, while dad ran in to get Sophia. Carol was crying so hard, she was getting tears all over me. I looked over at Daryl, even he had a shocking look on his face.
It's been a while both dad and Sophia are not back yet. I decided to hang out with Nikki, hoping that she is okay.

"Anna, look." She said while tapping my shoulder.

She drew the sunset. It was very beautiful.

"That's beautiful Nikki," I said.

Her picture reminds of the first time when I met Mark. My parents and I were at the beach. This was before Carl was born. I ran into the ocean when we got everything set up. So, this big wave decided to knock me down and this young boy had helped me up, it was Mark. That's how we met.

As I gave Nikki her book, I saw dad coming. Mom, Carl, and I ran to him. We gave him a hug.

"Did you find her?!" Carol panicked, "Did you find her?!"

Dad explained what happened to Sophia. Carol then started to have a fit over it. I couldn't blame her though. So, what we did, we had Daryl go with dad back into the woods to find Sophia. Since Daryl's a great tracker, we hoped that we can find Sophia before dark.

"Anna, please be safe." Daryl demanded, "Please watch my sister.

"I will Daryl," I said.

He smiled and gave me a quick little kiss.
________________________
Daryl's POV
After I gave Anna a quick kiss, I went into the woods with Rick. Anna and I want to tell Rick and Lori about us, but we are worried about what they are gonna say. Maybe at least if I can tell Rick... No, not at this moment.

"I told her to go that way and keep the sun on her left shoulder," Rick exclaimed.
I saw her tracks and we followed the trail. It led us to a dead end.

"She was doing just fine 'till right here." I explained, "All she had to do was keep going. She veered off that way."

I pointed to where Sophia might've gone.

"Why would she do that?" Glenn asked.

"Maybe she saw something that spooked her, made her run off." Shane joined in.

"A walker?" Glenn suggested.

"I don't see any other footprints. Just hers." I noted.

All of us look at each other. We tried to think of something, but nothing came up.

"So what do we do?" Shane asked, "All of us press on?"

"No, better if you and Glenn get back up to the highway." Rick stepped in, "People are gonna start panicking."

"I'll let them know we're on her trail, doing everything we can," Shane explained.

"But most of all, keep everybody calm." Rick retorted.

"I'll keep 'em busy scavenging cars." Shane noted, "Think up a few other chores. I'll keep 'em occupied. Come on."

After they left, Rick and I kept on following the tracks. We do not know if we find this girl. But
I'm not gonna give up. We're doing this for Carol. Also, I want to get our asses back on the road.
______________________
Anna's POV
I'm starting to panic because neither dad nor Daryl has returned yet. Not too long ago Carl found some knives and machetes in a car. We went to go Shane but he blew him off. I was about to yell at for that, but mom did it.

Right now, Andrea's freaking out about Dale taking her gun. Look I know her dad gave her that gun and Dale did was wrong, but I kinda agree with Dale about keep her gun for her. He's holding mine for me. What? Sometimes I can overprotective of myself.

Carol's still freaking out about her own daughter. I understand and I wish we can help, but we can't right now. Then again, I'm only nineteen and I only grew up with one sibling, whose only nine years younger than me. Yeah, I don't understand this whole mama bear thing.

I heard dad and Daryl. I ran to and jumped them. Everyone was giving me a weird look when I hugged Daryl, even Nikki gave me a look. When I gave them a look, they all looked away and started to bombard dad and Daryl.

"You didn't find her?" Carol asked.

Dad hesitated, before answering. So instead of answering, he shook his head no. So, after a little bit of an argument and planning, we decided to all go out and look at the first light.
...
After dad and Shane explained the plan, everyone started to pack. Carl then announced that he's coming with us. Mom was actually glad that Carl's stepping up for himself. As I was getting ready, I heard Andrea yelling at Dale again, about her gun again.

After that, we took off. Well, almost all of us. Dale stayed back to keep on working on the RV. T-Dog had to stay back because of what happened to his arm. Carl was in a good mood until Shane blew him off again.

"Shane, look." Carl tried to show him a knife, "Dad said I could carry it and mom said if I was..."

"Keep it down." Shane interrupted, "We're looking for Sophia. You need to focus on the task."

I looked back and saw the whole entire thing. So, I decided to get Carl.
"Got to keep up," I demanded.

"I am." He retorted.

"You okay?" I asked.

"I think Shane's mad at me." Carl explained, "Did I do something wrong?"

"No." I gently replied as I looked back at Shane, "No, little bro, I promise you. He just- he's just worried about Sophia, that's all. Come on."

Shane's lucky that I'm not going to yell at him for snapping at my little brother. Mom and the rest of the gang had stayed back. Carl, Shane, dad, and I continued. As we were continuing, we all heard a noise. Shane was getting to shoot something, but dad kept him back. Carl and I looked at dad. He pointed towards a deer.

Dad let me and Carl go up to it. I was about to touch it, but the next I noticed was a gunshot, falling back and blacking out.

"No!" Dad and Carl both yelled.

"Anna!" Dad yelled.
_______________________________________________________________
Oh my lord! Here ya'll go. Finally got a part that's over ten pages, I hope. Anywho, I cannot wait until october to see the Walking Dead! But I hope love this. I'll post another chapter when I can. Love you guys!