Bonus Chapter #2

One Month Later...
(Anna's POV)
It's been a month since the barn was overrun. A month since I got separated from the group. I don't even know if they're alive. Daryl... the baby's father... my love... my husband. I don't know if he survived.

I've been running through these woods. Searching. Looking. Surviving. Wondering if I'm ever gonna see them again? Wondering if Daryl, dad or anyone is looking for me?

For the past month, I've always hoped that I'll see them again. I don't want to have my baby without Daryl or my family.

I stopped when I heard talking. Maybe it was my group, I hope. The talking grew closer and closer. I stepped on a branch and the next that happened was a gun going off, grazing across my forehead.

"I-it's a girl." Someone said.
"Is she bitten?" A female asked.
"No. Thankfully she's not."
The voice sounds familiar.
"Let's take her back to camp. Get her patched up and see if she had a group."
"D-Daryl..." I whispered.
I tried to look at his face, but it was too blurry.
"Hang in there, little one, you're gonna be alright."

That was the last thing I heard.
...
Once again, I woke up, but this time in a tent. Again, I heard the two same voices.

"Andy, you, me, Mark and Jessica are the only ones left in this group. We can't just abandon her."

Mark? Am I hearing things or did I heard that right?

I slowly got up, holding my head. There was a thing of clothes for me. Once I changed into those, I went out. They stopped talking and looked at me. It was true, I did hear Mark's voice. I laughed a little.

"Mark..." I said.
"Anna..." he replied.

He came to me and hugged me. I never thought that I'd ever see him again. Let alone right here, right now.

"I never thought that I'd ever see you, Annie."
"Me too, Mark."

I started to tear up a little. I have to tell him about what happened. About Daryl, about the baby. I don't even know if he still has feelings for me.

I joined the group, later on, that night. They were wondering what had happened to my group and why was I out here all by myself. 

"I was part of a group, then we got separated when the barn got overrun. My parents, Carl, Justin, Sami, Mike, and others, I don't know if they survive." I explained.
"They could be heading towards the prison, that we saw." Jessica said, "Big enough to support a community."
"Maybe..." I replied, "I'm turning in for the night."

The others agreed. I shared a tent with Mark of course. To be honest, I don't mind.

"Mark, there's something I have to tell you."
"What's up?"
"Remember when we said that there might others in lives?"
"Yeah..."
"There's someone else in mine and we are engaged. And I know there's someone else in yours too."
"You know about Sami and me?"

I nodded. I turn to him and look dead straight in his eyes.

"There's also one other thing."
"Something good or something bad?"
"Mark, something good has happened. Something that I've wanted my whole entire life."

He gave me the confusing look. I stepped closer to him.

"Mark, I'm pregnant."

Mark's eyes went wide. He picked me up and spun me around. Once he finally put me down, he looked at me. I thought I lost him. I thought we'll never see each ever again. Now that I'm thinking about this, Daryl came to my mind.

"Anna... you're jittery, what's wrong?"
"It's-it's nothing."
"Anna."
I sighed.
"Daryl came to my mind. I miss my husband, my family. Mark, I'm scared.  What if I never see them again?"
Mark shook his head.
"Annie,"
I looked away.
"Annie, look at me. Tomorrow we are going to set out for the prison. They might be there."

I nodded. He's right. They might be there, I hope so.

"For now, let's get some sleep and tomorrow we will set out for the prison, I promise Annie."

Mark turned off the lamp and laid down right next to me. He pulled me close to his chest.

"I missed you Annie and I will always love you, never forget that."
I smiled at that.
...
The next day, the gang and I were getting ready to head to the prison. I'm ready to see my family again.

Mark and I stayed in the back. We talked about a lot of things, trying to catch up.

"Can I ask you something personal, Mark?"
He nodded.
"What happened to your mother?"
Mark stopped dead in the middle of his tracks.
"Sh-she..." Mark started, "she was bitten and turned. I had to put her down."
"Oh, Mark, I'm sorry."
"Don't be."

I nodded. It's gonna be harsh, for next few months. But we are going to deal with it. Even if it kills us...
_______________________
(Daryl's POV)
It's been a month since we got separated from Anna. We've been hoping that she'll find us. At night I've been sneaking off, searching for her.

It's been hard, she was my world. My everything. I've done everything I could to protect her. But now, it feels like I've failed.

"Daryl..." Glenn called, "Daryl... Daryl!"

My trance was broke.

"What?!" I yelled.
"Come on, we're ready to go."

I nodded and grabbed my stuff. Glenn hanged back, I guess he wanted to talk.
"Hey man, you alright?"

"No."
"Thinking about Anna?"

I grunted. Glenn stopped right in front of me.

"Look, Daryl. Anna was my friend too. She would want us to press on. She would want you to survive. When-not-if Anna finds us, you know you are going to settle down with your baby and hopefully live a simple life. "
"Your right. She will find us. I know when we have our kid, we'll settle down."

Glenn smiled. Anna will find us and when she does, I'll be waiting.
_______________________
Distance never separated two hearts that really care, for our memories span the miles and in the seconds we are there. But whenever I start feeling sad, because I miss you, I remind myself how lucky I am to have someone so special to miss.