twenty-three

Daryl's POV
Today's a special day for my girls. Today is my baby sister, Nikki's, sixteenth birthday and Anna's twentieth birthday. I've already gotten something for Nikki but I have got something special for Anna. Tonight, I'm gonna propose to her.

Just before the apocalypse happened, Nikki went through our mother's jewelry after she died. She had found her engagement ring. Nikki kept it ever since. A few days ago, she overheard me talking to Carol about me proposing to Anna.

Everyone is helping, even the Greene's. I just want this day to be very special, after everything that has been happening lately, Beth was trying to kill herself, Shane threatening to kill her and our kid. Yeah, I know he did. I will take care of him later.

Anna and Nikki were on the porch. I keep on looking at the both of them. I still can't believe that Nikki is not a little girl anymore. Anna, I remember meeting her not that long ago. She was just nineteen, now she's turning twenty.

I found Anna outside, so I decided to sneak up on her. When I went up to her, I put my arms around her shoulders.

"I gotcha," I said.

She laughed.

"Oh, really," Anna replied.

Anna turns around and smiled. She was so perfect; I love her so very much. I wish this moment will never end at all.

"Anna," I said, "Will you marry me?"
__________________________________________________________
You know, it's been a while since I left you a cliffhanger. Why not make this one a cliffhanger? What do you guys think should Anna say yes. Or should she say no. You decide. I'm uploading this from school, so that's why this chapter is short. I promise next one will be longer.