twenty-eight

Seven Months Later...
(Anna's POV)
Seven months... we've been walking for seven months and it's been harsh. As we near the prison, we've been hearing gunfire and yelling. Every time I hear the yelling, I keep in thinking it's them.

Today was different, there was more gunfire and more yelling than usual. Something was going on.

"Something's going on down there," Mark stated.
"Yep," I agree, "Nothing too bad I hope."

We finished packing up our camp. We've been taking it easy for the past months. We had a few close calls with walkers and other groups. One of the groups tried to kill me and the baby; didn't work out too well.

Speaking of which, I'm nearing the end of my term and I'm really excited about it. But I don't want to give birth without Daryl, cause I know Daryl wants to be here for his son or daughter.
"Alright people," Claire, the leader, said, "let's get moving."

Claire and Mark helped me up. The baby was being difficult for the past two weeks; it's been kicking and kicking, making it hard for me to walk.

All the gunfire coming from the prison were drawing in walkers so we hid behind trees, but when Jessica turns around one of the walkers grab her and bit her.
Jessica!" Claire yelled.

I shot the walker that was eating her, Claire ran to her sister.
"Jess, stay with me! Come on, stay with me!"

I went to her.

"Claire, we have to put her down," I told her
"No, I'm not about to put my sister down. Jessica, I'm so sorry."

I looked around, more walkers were coming.
"Walkers!" Andy yelled.

We tried to take down the walkers and heard Claire screaming, I looked and the walkers got her; Andy couldn't save her. He went up to them and put them out of their misery.

"Let's keep moving," Andy said.
Andy brushed passed me; he had no remorse for what he did. I went to Mark, even he was worried about his father.

"Mark, is your father okay?"
"He's tired of losing people. We've lost too much."
I stayed silent. It was getting dark out, we decided to stop for the night. Tomorrow we will reach the prison.
...
Now that it's just me, Mark, and his father, we need to double time it. We're close, I just know it.
As soon as we got out of the forest, we saw a car leave. I saw a little blonde girl closing the gate behind them, it's Beth.

"That's my friend." I whispered, "Guys we can go. That's Beth right there."
"How can you be sure?" Mark asked.
"I know it."

I ran for it. While killing a few walkers, Beth turned around and yelled my name,
"Anna!"
"Beth! Open the gate! Open the damn gate!"

Beth opened the gate, Mark, Andy, and I ran in and she closed it. Everyone came running outside, except for Dad, Mom, Daryl, Maggie, and Glenn.

"Anna!" Carl yelled while running towards me.
Carl gave me a huge hug. I could hear him crying.
"We thought we've lost you."

I smiled. I looked up and saw Carol holding a baby, coming towards me. Carol was smiling and she hands the baby to me.

"Sh-she's adorable. What's her name?"
"Judith."
"You named her after your third-grade teacher?"
Carl nodded.
"Nice. Where's-"
"I killed her, Anna."
"What?"
"She died during childbirth."
I couldn't say anything else. 
...
"Finally got Judith asleep," Hershel said.
"How are we for formula?" Carl asked.
"Enough to last us another month."

We heard screaming from the inside. Carl went to go check it out. It's been a while since went to check out the noise, I'm starting to worry.

"Hey guys, I've been meaning to ask, where'd did dad and Daryl go?" I asked.
Hershel and Beth looked at each other.
"Glenn and Maggie were kidnapped. They went to go save them."
Before I could say anything else, Carl came back with another group. He locked in the room. The girl, Sasha, was yelling at us to open the door.