twenty-nine

"Where are they?" Carl asked.
"They should've been back by now." I answered, "May have been caught up somewhere."

Beth came out with Judith. Sasha and Tyreese looked at her. Then Sasha asked Beth questions about her.

"Then who?" Tyreese asked, "Please who can see the people we are."

We went back in our cell block. Carl has been catching up with Mark and Andy.
"So, that young man was your ex?" Hershel asked.
I nodded.
"Sami looks excited. Are they together?"
"Engaged."
"Wow."
"I know."

Hearing that made think of me and Daryl. I understand that Daryl went with his brother, but I need him more now than ever.

"Hershel, what if I end up like my mother?"
"Annabelle, don't even talk like that. I'll make sure you'll live to see you baby grow."
"But--"
"But, nothing, I'll perform the surgery myself, you're not gonna die. I'll make sure of that."
"Thank you, Hershel."
"Anytime, you need me I'll be there for you."
I gave him a hug.
"Anytime, sweetheart, anytime."
_________________________________
Daryl's POV
"Then what about Carol?" Glenn asked.
"She'll understand." I replied.
"And what about Anna?" Rick stated, "What about your unborn child? What if she made back to the prison?"

Did he really had to bring her up?

"I'm going to look for her, with Merle. And if she's at the prison, I'll come back for her."

And I will come back for her and my kid if she's there. Merle's gonna must understand. I'm afraid that she didn't make it.
_________________________________
Rick's POV
We just got back to the prison. I had to explain that Daryl was gone.

"Where's Daryl?" Carol asked.
"He's safe." I explained, "We ran into his brother. They went off."
"He's gone."

Carol walked off. We got into the courtyard, I went to Hershel. I looked behind him and saw... my daughter.
"Anna." I said.

She came to me smiling. She gave me a big hug.
"I-I thought..."
"You thought you lost me. I understand."
"And Daryl thought so too."
"I know, Carol told me what happened after the farm thing."

I looked at her, she looks exactly like her mother.

"Come on, let's go inside."
...
Anna's POV
Dad had some stuff to take care of. I wanted to get to know my baby sister. Beth came to me, seeing if I was okay.
"Hey, you okay?" She asked.
"Yeah. Let me see the lil' one."

She handed me Judith. She had Mom's eyes and she look Carl. The group had gotten together and talk with Sasha's group. I decided to take Judith to Daryl's perch. Mark came along with me.

"Haven't met this one yet." Mark said.
"This is Judith, my baby sister."
"Did they really name her after Carl's third grade teacher?"
"Yeah."
"Nice.
I chuckled.

"Get out!" Dad yelled.

Mark got up to see what's going on.

"What the hell is going on?" Mark asked.
"I don't know!" Beth replied.

We looked at each other. What is
happening?
_______________________
Daryl's POV
Merle and I were out in the woods hunting. I haven't told him about me and Anna, having a baby with her. But if I tell him about us, I'm afraid he might kill her, if I find her.

We kept on walking. Merle talking. I was trying to discuss about where we need to go. We saw a group, who were surviving on their own. They have a baby with them.

"That was a baby." I said.

It made me think about Anna. I went to help them. Merle, being the jackass he is, hung back and shot a few walkers.

"Let 'em go." I demanded.
"The last thing they can do is give us some enchiladas." Merle replied.

He was raveling their car.

"Get out of the car."

They got out of here. I went to go get my arrows and walked off. Merle like always was yelling at me.

"There was a baby!"
"Oh, and you would've left them to the biters if there wasn't."

We kept arguing and I was about to leave until he pulled off the back of my shirt revealed my scars.

"I-I didn't know."
"Of course you did. He just didn't tell you."

I was heading back to the prison.

"Where you are going?"
"Back to where I belong. Back to my pregnant wife."
"Man, I can't go with you. I tried to kill that black bitch."
"You know I might be the one walking off, but you're the one that's leaving again."

I have a feeling that Anna's at the prison, that she found the group and that she needs me. I'm going back with or without Merle. Screw him. The group is my real family.
_________________________________
Anna's POV
All of us were making sure that dad was okay. Seeing him being like this was scaring me.

Gunfire was going off outside. I grab my gun and ran outside. Seeing a man with an eyepatch firing at us.

"Carl!" I yelled.
"Shit!"
The son of a bitch had shot me in the shoulder.

"Annabelle!" Dad yelled.
"Dad! Look out!"

Dad was pushed against the fence. The next thing that he notices was an arrow going through the walkers' head. It was Daryl and... Merle.

Once Daryl got through the fence he came running to me. He picked me up and spun me around. Daryl kissed me and smiled.
"I missed you, Anna." Daryl whispered.
"Me too, Daryl." I said, "Me too."
...
After Hershel had patched my shoulder up I went exploring around the prison.
Later, I joined Daryl on the perch. I laid down right next to him and staring into his eyes.

"Hi." I said.
"Hey." He replied, while playing with my hair, "Eight months...been too long... I've missed you. Been worrying about you, wondering if you and the baby had made it."

Daryl put his hand on my bump.

"The lil' ass kicker, gonna change our lives. I'm gonna do everything I can to protect you and our kid. Making that a promise. No matter what. Even if it kills us."
I smiled.
"I know Daryl. Mark said the same thing. He's gonna help protect me and the baby. He doesn't want to lose me again and I know you don't either."
"And I'll thank him for that in the morning."

I chuckled

"Let's get some rest, Anna."

He kissed the top of my forehead.
"Love you Anna."
"Love you too, Daryl."