🌹Chapter Thirty - Six🌹

Start from the beginning

"Speaking of, you look like you're sick. I can't let you work like this, my employees well-being is everything and working when sick or unwell is something that I don't allow. Go home, and rest while Ms. Trevor will handle your work" He tells me and I'm instantly filled with rage, but I don't show that to him.

I'm being replaced, one by one. First he hires her to be my secretary, which is technically his secretary since I work for him. "I will not be going home, I can work well enough. I just need coffee and then I'll be good to go" I say to him, surprising not only him but also myself.

I know for a fact that I will not be able to work when I'm this tired and that will do no one good, and I know I've said before that I've never liked coffee, but this is an emergency that I will need coffee to stay awake. "I don't believe that i good for you" He says.

I smirk. "Since you care about your employees well-being, we both know that is not true" I tell him with a smile. When has he ever cared about anyone's feelings but himself. I haven't figured it out yet if he does care for me, since I'm not ready to trust him yet, but I'ms lowly going over to the side that tells me that he does care.

He chuckles at my words. "You're the only employee that I care for, and your well-being means everything to me" He says, his voice is full of caring and lovingness, I don't think I've ever seen him or heard him speak like this and it does bring a blush to my face.

I'm always blushing around him or when I think of him, it's annoyingly good. I don't know why. "Are you ready to work?" He asks, pulling my body closer to him by wrapping his hand around my waist. I don't fight him or struggle, because it actually feels nice to be so close him and having his around him.

It only deepens the blush on my face and I can't help myself to blush even more, my body just doesn't belong to me when I'm around him. "Yes" I whisper to him, feeling nervous and I almost couldn't even let a word out of my mouth from how nervous I am.

The butterflies are definitely fluttering in my stomach and they don't seem to want to calm down, my heart is racing against my chest, threatening to jump out of my chest. "Good. If you ever feel like you want to go home or if you're not feeling well, then you can leave at any time and Ms. Trevor will take over your work for the time being" He tells me.

Why doesn't he understand that I don't want her to be around here or around me or around my job, I just don't need her. But, then again I'm not the boss. I need to remind myself of that. I'm only the secretary of the boss and possibly his friend.

"I will" I say, lying through my teeth. There is no way that I'm going to let her get my job, or my man. Wait what? What did I just say. Alexander isn't my man, I'm not even sure if we're friends. I need to ask him about that, later. Now is not the time nor place to be talking about that.

We're at work and now we're only supposed to talk about work related things and not personal things, that can happen after work but for now I need to get to work. And I've decided that I don't want that coffee. Knowing that she will be filling in if I leave keeps me awake enough.

"A meeting will start in a few minutes, accompany me and remember, you can have opinions on the matter" He tells me and sends a smile my way. A smile on his lips is never really something that often happens, since he normally always smirks or something.

Him smiling is a good look on her and I kind of like it when he smiles, but those thoughts are for me and only me to think of. I don't want him to know that I like his smile, he might even smile less than he already does, and he doesn't smile that often, it's quite rare, especially for him.

"Of course, I will go to that meeting" I say with happiness, being with him makes me happy. He lets go of my waist and I feel this cracking feeling inside of me to have his hands on me again, and this longing to be close to him, but I have no idea where those thoughts are coming from or even why I'm feeling them.

I walk into my office and this is still my office and that woman. Sarah Trevor is still there, sitting by her desk. The only thing she owns in this office is her desk and everything on it, and maybe the chair, everything else belongs to me and only me since this is my office.

She looks up from her computer and looks at me with a smirk. "Did he fire you yet?" She asks. Roll my eyes at her, she just wants my job and I hate her for it, I hate her for ever being here. "No. He just assured me that you are my secretary, which means you will do what I tell you to do and I tell you that you will not be replacing me" I tell her with a smirk.

It's not my time to smirk. However, her smirk only falls at my words. Clearly not expecting me to say that. She doesn't say anything about it and just continues to work. I guess I just won that and she had nothing to say back to me. I smile to myself as I go over to my desk and take out the notepad and a pen.

"I will be in a meeting with Ale- Mr. Knight, I need you to answer all phone calls. An important phone call will be expected soon from a very important client. You can't miss it" I tell her with a warning tone. This might be her first day, but she started this rivalry.

Like I stated before, I'm a bit grumpy when I don't get enough sleep, and I'm rather grumpy now and being around her only makes me a whole lot grumpier. She nods her head. "Yes, Ms. Ace" She says. I leave the office to join Alexander, I'm mean Mr. Knight in the meeting room.

He's already there, but the client isn't. I go in there and sit on the right side of him. "Who's the client?" I ask him since I have no idea, I haven't had time to look at the schedule, and since I'm so tired, I don't think I can be able to read or write since my brain isn't functioning right at the moment.

"Mrs. and Mr. Jolly" He answers. Am I the only one who thinks that name is a bit funny? I don't laugh out loud but I do laugh inside and it's a bit funny to me. Before I have the chance to say more, the door of the meeting room opens and a couple walks inside. I believe they are Mrs. and Mr Jolly, and the meeting starts.