[23]

Last Chapter : I looked up and there I was, face to face to the blue eyes prince I haven't seen in ages, hoping to be friends again.

It felt like time had stopped, as if all air was taking out of my lungs. Gosh, what is wrong with me? Trying to calm down my blushing, all sorts of sentences started popping out in my head as I tried to come up with something to say. I tried but it was no use. It had to be the prince who had to reach out to me first. "Wow, what a gracious fall." His softly mocking voice surprised me a little, not expecting him to be so bold with someone he'd just met. Well, not exactly but you know what I mean. Still nervous, I moved a lock of hair from my eye and smiled the best I could. "You could say, I haven't seen myself fall. Actually, I was meaning to introduce myself to you, but here I am, looking like a sore loser." I told him, being way too honest in my opinion. He simply laughed and stepped closer to me with some sort of comfort. With such confidence, he grabbed the handle of his bag and tilted his head like those unintentional handsome boy moves. I could feel eyes just staring at us from afar.

"I don't know about that. What's your name?" For the second time, it was Noctis who had reached out for me. I don't know, but I felt strangely comfortable with him as soon as he those words were said. As if we were thrown back to that moment where we were both sitting down in that class full of boys, finally getting my second chance. This time, I smiled without a single ounce of stress on my shoulders. I walked up to his side, hoping for him to not recognize my name. "If you insist. I'm Prompto Argentum and I just got to this school as it's my first year here. Pleasure to meet you, Prince. How about we become friends?" The prince looked a little bit shocked at first, which sent my heart into panic mode. It was impossible for him to remember me, a small insignificant boy that had part of a small part of his childhood over six years ago. Right?

"You sure we haven't met before?" He asked that exact question, exactly what I was afraid of. I was hesitant before answering, but I ended up being able to brush it off. I hope it didn't come off as too suspicious. I've noticed how my voice cracked up a little, but hey, he seemed to buy it. After processing what just happened, he ended up nodding at my earlier proposition and I couldn't help but smile, now facing the fact that I finally had my second chance. I'm the prince's friend. Wow, it sounded so unreal, especially knowing everything that happened when we were kids. I remembered how it felt like a dream. Actually, it still does.

Noctis could tell that I was getting pretty nervous, so out of pure kindness, he offered me to show me around during lunch time as we walked towards the classroom he was to drop me off. C-1 apparently. Not knowing how to turn down the prince anyways, I let him take up my lunch time and continued our conversation. In this very small amount of time, we ended up talking about a few games and hobbies as if everything was natural, as if we've know each other for years. Well, we do, but what he doesn't know about won't kill him right? Hearing the whispers following us in the hallways, we finally reached my classroom and as I was about to thank him and walk in, Noctis stepped right in before I could even say a word. A confused sound slipped out of my lips, following the prince inside to see him sitting down by the window in the back. He noticed me entering (finally) and pointed at the seat next to him. "Your seat." Noctis half-shouted for me to hear him across the room. That also brought unwanted attention to me. Wanting to hide myself under a thousand desks, I quickly made my way towards the raven prince and sat down as if he gave me an order. He gave me a look, not really sure about what he was trying to express there. "You're okay? You don't have to be friends with me you know? I understand if all this attention is insufferable." The prince sounded kind, worried almost, but also very sad. I figured because he felt like he couldn't have friends here, kinda like old me, but with different conditions. Seeing myself inside of him, it took me a while before softly smiling. "I think I'll be fine. How about I help you out by taking half of the attention you get? I bet you're tired of all of that." Setting my bad to my feet, I felt the prince blinking a few times out of pure surprise and then calming down. He realized that I was doing him a favour. Must have been the first time someone ever said that to him.

"Yeah, that sounds good to me." A small grin was trying to make his way on his lips, one that Noctis was really trying to hold back. In fact, he couldn't and he looked very awkward and like any other friend would treat him, I laughed my ass off, trying to grab a picture during my euphoria of laughter. It ended up being extremely blurry, but at least we were both having a good time. I was maybe laughing a little too loud as I noticed the glances fixated my way, but who cares? I decided to brush them off. I mean, I finally managed to befriend the future king, hoping to maintain that relationship for as long as he could. Plus, the teacher wasn't there. Then, as if I summoned her, a strident voice made its way into the class at the same time that the bell rang. I wasn't even sure if the bell rang as she screamed quite loudly. Everyone sat down, still chatting a little as they saw her enter and a few noticed how she seemed to be looking for someone. Her eyes landed on me and then I realized that she was searching for me. "You, in front, right now." She said in a rough tone. That completely scared me, so with my widened eyes, I slowly stepped in front of the blackboard and waited for her to continue. Glancing at Noctis, I could tell that he was chuckling at my stress and I was close to throw something at him just to make him shut up. The teacher then gave me permission to speak up and so I did, but not before taking a deep breath. I could do this. I'm less awkwardly social than before.

"Hi, I'm the student that is gladly transferred into your class this year. Thank you for welcoming me, I'm Prompto Argentum." I decided to keep it short just in case I'd melt into a puddle on my first day. Glad for it to finally be over, I was about to go back to my seat, but no, apparently she had to hold me off, demanding me to talk a little bit more about myself. I felt my breath get a little uneven, but I still did it as well as I could. "Well uh, I like games and chocobos. I will also try my best to get good grades this year and yeah... that's all." I said, not sounding so sure about myself. The teacher, Kimberly as I remember her name from my schedule, figured that it was enough, but still held me back from walking to my seat for another reason.

What again? "You'll have to change places. The prince specifically asked for no one to sit on the desk next to him. I have a spare desk a little bit closer to the door if you wouldn't mind." That statement surprised me all of the sudden. Wasn't Noctis trying his best to make friends? I peaked a little look at him, wondering what was up. He sounded pretty sad earlier when we were talking about friends. Ms. Kimberly's voice brought me back to reality and as I was about to take my new seat, I heard a few students gasps as a screech could be heard on the floor, most likely to be coming of a chair being moved. I looked towards the direction of the sound and surprise surprise, it was Prince Noctis who had stood up. Even the teacher looked surprised. He looked at me before speaking.

"He can sit next to me Miss. Actually, I want him to sit next to me." The whole group gasped this time. He's letting me sit next to him? How close to him did he considered I was in such a small amount of time? Then everybody looked at me as if I bewitched the prince or something. "Who are you?? It's impossible that your majesty would let a random guy sit next to him after not letting anyone for 3 years!" A student let out, echoing through the room before I could actually process whatever was happening. Soon enough, the whole class caused an uproar and the teacher had to calm them down. My eyes shifted to Noctis as Ms. Kimberly tried to control the mess and for a second, I believed to have seen the prince himself look a little dumbfounded from what he said, maybe even a small blush before giving me a weak smile. That warmed my heart a little, fearing that he'd realize that I wasn't enough to be close with him. The teacher dismissed me to my new seat soon after the riot and now there I was, sitting right next to the prince of Insomnia. What an interesting year this is going to be.