[14]

Oof, I'm on fire these days 🔥🔥🔥
Last time :As Iris was trying to come with a comeback, the prince and I accidently crossed looks, which resulted in even more awkwardness. This is going to be a long hour.

This chapter
The second my eyes crossed his, I blushed out of embarrassement and looked outside the window once again. I couldn't help, but to feel like he didnt wanted to see me around after what I told him, after what happened. We both stayed silent rest of the ride while the driver ,who is named Cor apparently, and Iris argued non-stop. When Cor finally broke and accepted to pay us the ice cream even if he wasn't allowed to, I couldn't help, but to ask. "Say, what is Ice cream? Is it as good as miss Amicita makes it seem?" For some reason, everyone looked at me with shocked expressions which led me to think that I've said something wrong. Suddenly panicking, I was about to apologise, but couldn't as Iris cut me off. "You never tasted ice cream!?! That's a first..." She asked me, even more shocked than the two others. I hesitantly shook my head as a no, resulting to make her gasp. After that, she continued to bombard me with names of meals to see if I ever ate these and gasped each times that I shook my head, which was like, everytime. We finally arrived after a few minutes and the man rushed us out of the car telling us to hurry up before Gladio comes and get them. For some odd reason, his worried tone made me chuckle a little bit, but was quickly shut down as I noticed that he heard me laugh. We walked into that modern building, still trying to avoid his majesty at all cost and he second I stepped foot in there, I started shaking out of cold. Why was this place so cold??? Despite the building being of this temperature, no one else seemed to be bothered by it. We made our way into the long line and I used this as an opportunity to look around. Next to us, a couple was eating some kind of weird snowball in a cone made of cookies. Was that what they called ice cream? It looks so sweet and so soft. All of the sudden, my interest into this weird sweet started to grow. Still looking at the couple, I then started to daydream. What if in the future, Cindy and I could eat ice cream, together and just the both of us? They looked so in love, I was getting a little jealous.

I then noticed that Noctis who first looked bored in the car, suddenly looked eager and excited. He was literally drooling over the ice cream. That was cute. The four of us finally reached the counter to order. "Kids, pick whatever you want." We all nodded and rushed towards the menu. There was Vanilla flavor, Pistachio flavor, Duscae Orange flavor, Moogle flavor, Lucian rasberry flavor, Chocobo flavo- Wait a Chocobo flavor?!?! Did they killed a Chocobo to make this?! I froze in worry in front of the sign.

"They didn't killed a Chocobo to make this. It's Sweet Lemon. They call it like that because the color is the exact same. Don't cry." Noctis's voice rang in my ear, surprisingly making me relax a little. Wait, I was crying? I wiped my cheek to check and my finger ended up being wet. That was so embarrassing! I wiped the tears away the fastest that I could and looked around to see if anyone else saw me crying over this. "Don't worry, no one noticed." I ended up looking at the prince in awe. He was so nice after what I told him last time. No one looked away for a few seconds until Cor faked a cough next to us. He obviously tried to hurry us. I came back to my senses and decided to try out Steamy chocolate berries. Even though I really liked Chocobos, it still felt wrong to eat an ice cream with its name. As for Iris, she took Matcha Ghysals green, which Noctis made a twisted disgusted face to, and the prince took Moogle flavor, which was actually made of blueberries and rasberries. Even Cor decided to get one. As soon as everyone got their own, we sat down around a table and took our first bite. As I gulped down my first bite, my eyes widened at its sweet and cold savor. It was so good! I continued to eat it with stars in my eyes, tasting the ice cream as it melted in my mouth. I was done with it after a minute, only realising now that everyone was looking at me, grinning at my reaction. Shy, I blushed and looked away. As everyone started to attack their own ice cream, I suddenly heard Mister Cor asking me a question. "What's your name kid?" I turned around and answered to him politely. Surprisingly, the man's eyes widened at my name. I wonder why. Not the only one noticing his expression, Iris asked him what was wrong. "Oh, uh, nothing. I just remembered something. Anyways, hurry up just like little Prompto did there." I could hear some hesitation behind his answer. He was lying, but why? Deciding to shrug it off, I looked at the others as they finished their ice cream, talking with Iris at the same time. There was something about her that made me a little bit more comfortable. Minutes after, Cor got us back into the limo and drove off. "So, Prompto, where do you live? I'll drop you off. Make sure to tell your parents that you're coming home." I tensed up at the word parents and panicked in the inside. I can't tell them that my parents aren't home. I don't know why, but I felt like I couldn't. Taking some time to answer, everyone's worry started to grow. "You can drop me off at school. I can walk back home." I said and this time, it was the prince who argued back. "No way. We have a car. Just tell us where you live. Cor is going to drop you there, just like the servant he is." He said with a giggle, still offending the man. I shook my head, but the three of them kept insisting. I finally broke. "487, Altesian road. My parents are in a trip, they aren't home." The two kids looked at me in shock, but it was no surprise to Cor apparently. The rest of the ride was silent after I told them about my adress and after a few minutes, we finally arrived at my place. Something was unusual. A car was parked in the parking lot. This time, Cor and I were the one who were shocked at the revelation while the two others sighed in relief. I thanked all of them for inviting me out and stepped off the car, just to be stopped by Cor. He stepped out as well and asked Iris and your highness to wait for him while he accompagnied me into my house. A little confused, I let him follow me from behind and as we reached the door, he spoke. "You grew up a lot Prompto. If you ever want to eat out some more, tell Iris okay? Thank you for being their friend. I could tell that Noctis was very happy to have you around." I heard him say. A lot more confused, I turned around in search for answers, but he was already walking away. What just happened and who was that Cor person?

Be prepared for a Noctis P.O.V next chapter. Thank you for reading and I'll see you next time.