🌹Chapter Thirty - Four🌹

Start from the beginning

He's acting like he's telling me something he did and is illegal. I don't know what to think about this. "I sort of had someone follow you and I background checked everyone you know" He confesses and that leaves my mouth hanging open.

I'm speechless at this point, as I have no idea what I can say about this, this information that he has just revealed to me is something that changes everything, or at least most of it. "You did follow me and did background check on everyone I know?" I ask after I found my voice, which was so hard.

He has been watching me this whole time, probably wondering what I'm thinking about him and about this, then again he probably knows what I'm thinking. I am in shock about this, but I sort of expected this to happen, since my mom has done the same, only I knew about it then.

My mom had someone following me when I was a child when I was in school and in the mall or anywhere I went, it took forever for me to convince her to stop those people from following me and it did work, and I know that my mom did background check on Lena and everyone else I know.

But, she asked me first. Alexander did not ask me about it and that's kind of creepy. Besides, that was my mom, this is my boss. It's a whole lot of different. "Yes, it was for your own protection. After I found out that my secretary is a daughter of a company owner, I knew that would be people trying to do you harm, that's why I did it" He tells me.

Somehow I feel like there's another reason for him, but he won't say it out loud. Then again, when has he ever been straight forward? "Oh, I understand that but let me know next time you plan on following me" I tell him. And he nods at that.

"Come, let's go to the car, if you want to spend the day with your friend, then it's best we leave now" He tells me and I nod my head and we got to the basement. Like every time I go there, I'm in awe of that place, something about it just puts a smile on my face.

Though, I've never been much of a car kind of girl and know much about cars, but I still think they're beautiful and amazing. "What car do you want to take this time? I advise not to take the same car we went on, as people have seen it and we can go in that one after about a month or so when everyone have forgotten about it" He tells me and I look around.

"You choose, if I have to, then we will be here forever because I will never be able to pick" I tell him with a innocent smile. He chuckles at me. "We will take this one" He says and points to a car, it's a black car, but not a Lamborghini. I have no idea what kind it is, but I like it.

"All right" I tell him and we get inside it and he drives off. "Your stuff will be brought to you later tonight, somewhere around seven or eight" He says to me, while we're driving on the road. "Thank you" I tell him with a smile, though I don't believe he saw it since he was busy driving.

Like before, it's so beautiful to watch the beauty of the city while we're driving. "What made you want to live so far away from the city? I mean, your job is in the city and everything is there" I ask him, I have been kind of curious to know about all of it, since he doesn't seem like the type that would live outside the city.

Then again, I never saw him as a cook, but he cooks like a chef. I'm pretty sure if he wants to, he could become a chef and I would definitely go to his restaurant if that were to happen. "What makes you ask that question?" He asks me, it can get very confusing when someone asks a question over a question.

Not only did I not get my question answered but I also have a question to answer, to me it's so confusing to me. Then again, everything that is around or about the man who's in the same car as me is confusing. "Just curious. Now answer the question" I order him, I want to know.

I want to know him, I want to get to know him. I feel this strong feeling that I want to know him and be friends with him, if we aren't friends already. I don't know much about him and I don't even know what is right and what is wrong on the internet and those articles.

Now I know from personal experience that the press and paparazzi will make up stories and create these lies, and that is just wrong. I also wonder if everything that is written about him is wrong, what if he isn't like what everyone thinks he is?

Getting to know him is the only way for me to find out of the articles are true or not, which is a bit hard since he doesn't seem to want to tell me everything about himself, but I want to get to know him so I have to keep asking him questions and things like that.

"All right, Ms. Bossy, I wanted to get away. As wonderful as the city is, it does hold dark secrets that I wanted to get away from" He says with a hint of sadness, but he hides it well. It's strange, his words are strange. I don't understand them but I know that I should not push the subject any further.

I know that he don't want to talk about it, perhaps later he will tell me about it himself. He drives into the city and we're on our to Lena's apartment. If I'm right and I am, Lena's sleeping or is just waking up and is really cranky. She hates waking up, she loves sleeping, then again who doesn't?

"You should try to live out where there are so few people around. It's a lot more privacy, that I can tell you. And, there are no nosy neighbors or annoying neighbors" Alexander says, trying to lighten the mood. I just roll my eyes at his words, he's still like that.

We drive to her apartment and he stops in front of it. "I had a great time with you. I mean it" I tell him with a smile and I'm not lying, I really did enjoy my time with him. And I did get to know him a bit, not much but at least it's a start and a start is a start.

"I'm glad" He tells me, but I feel like he has more to say but doesn't say it. "I'll see you at work tomorrow" I say as I open the car door. "Yes, we shall see each other tomorrow, don't be late, I'm still your boss" He reminds me with a smirk and I only giggle.

I get out of the car as I walk to the apartment and as soon as the door opens I'm met with a bear hug and I nearly fall down to the ground. "WHERE ON EARTH HAVE YOU BEEN, I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD. I HAVE BEEN CALLING YOU SO MUCH. DON'T EVER DO THAT TO ME AGAIN!!!" Lena yells at me as she hugs me tightly, so that I have a hard time to breath. This will be fun, note the sarcasm.