Office Party

A few days had passed, the office party was upon them. Jayla is nervous the apprehensive about the last office party, which is on her mind. Even though it had been some years ago. She could never shake the feeling his assistant would always be his number one priority. Nate on the other hand couldn't wait to show his family off to his employees.

Natalie is looking forward to meeting her father's employees. She read in magazines about her father's office parties. They never printed a pretty picture it was more scandalous and front page with headlines. Nate was with his assistant as they hooked up for the night. The thing is, he never even touched his assistants, they would always flirt with him. Saydee was like a leach when she was around him, but he told her he wasn't interested.

Nate needed to tell Jayla what really went on. He didn't want her thinking she was second best. After having a conversation with his daughter. He realised he's so deeply in love with Jayla and he needed to put the past right. To tell Jayla how he feels. Nate always found it hard to show his feelings it was the way he was. 

His past girlfriends he had before he met Jayla were not faithful to him, and his heart grew like ice. He found it hard to tell her how he felt. To show her love.

Natalie is standing in the kitchen in a beautiful blue dress waiting for her parents. When they finally leave their bedroom, Natalie is amazed by how her father looked smart in his tux.

"Dad, you look smart in your Tux," 

"I do scrub up well. Plus, your mother asked me to shave," Nate said as he rubbed his chin.

"Nate, you couldn't go to an office party looking like you did," Jayla laughed after what she said. He looked deep into her eyes and kissed her.

"Please, I'm in the room," Natalie responds, shaking her head.

"The car is waiting". Nate said as he's opening the door for them to leave.

Jayla looked at him smiled. He touched her baby bump, feeling movement. His smile overpowered his lips. The excitement filled him.

"Wow, that's some movement. This baby is certainly ready to go to the office party." Nate laughed. Jayla glanced at him with a smirk.

"This little being I hope will be on good behaviour. I really don't want to be unwell tonight." 

"If you are unwell, you could always retire to my office for a lay down". Nate said with a smile. He kisses her on the cheek they walk towards the elevator making their way to the limo. 

Sitting in the limo on the way to the office. Nate and Jayla held hands. They gazed deeply into the eyes of each other not wanting to blink. 

The car pulled over to the side of the building and the driver opens the door for Nate to rise to his feet. He offers his hand to Jayla, and she slides out followed by Natalie. 

They have cameras flashing from the media stood around waiting for Nate to say something but he doesn't and they enter the building. 

"Jayla, you look beautiful and tonight I will be showing my family off to all my employees," Nate told her. She smiles as her arm curls around Nates and they step into the room where all the employees are. 

Natalie is amazed by how the room is filled with so many people and children she could help but glance around at her surroundings. 

Nate had a few employees step towards him, shaking his hands and introducing Jayla to them. 

And then his assistant stepped over to them, "Jayla, this is my assistant Sherry who is engaged to my VP." Jayla smiled offered her hand. 

"It's a pleasure. I'm Lady Jayla Nate's wife and this is our daughter Natalie and we have one on the way in a few months," Jayla said to Sherry and she smiles.