End Of The Trip

It was the last night of the business trip, and Nate had gone down to the conference room, and Jayla was still getting ready, she had to make phone calls for hosting the business dinners for Nate. 

 She put a navy-blue strapless dress on, she wore heels and had her clutch bag. 

 She walked into the conference room and Nate turns around, he stands up and walks over to her and kisses her and says, 

"You look sexy". 

 Jayla smiled, Nate escorted her to her seat, Jayla sits down, Nate kisses her on the cheek, she starts talking to Patsy and Katie, they start laughing. 

 Nate was pleased that Jayla knew what she was doing, she was such a natural.

They finished their meal and the men started to talk business again, Jayla was listening to them, going back and forth, and they still couldn't come to a deal. 

Jayla couldn't keep quiet much longer, so she says, 

"Nate?".

"Yes". 

 "You are all fully grown men and you are acting like you're in a school playground. You are all wealthy, why don't you start a new company, with something from each company at the same value". 

 Nate is surprised at what Jayla said. 

 "That could actually work, just start a new company with all of us as partners". 

 The men nod and start talking again. 

 Nate looks at Jayla and kisses her on the cheek. 

"Jayla, it's your idea, and it would only be fair if you were a partner too". 

 "Nate, I have enough work when I get back home to England, with the estate I really wouldn't have time to be part of your business world". 

 Nate looks at the expression on Jayla face and shrugged his shoulders. 

 Jayla knew that soon as the trip and the other business meetings were over, she still would have to divorce Nate because she had the country estate to look after and that was her job.

The men talked well into the early hours of the morning. 

 Jayla stood up and said night to everyone and she kissed Nate on the cheek and went back to her room.

 Jayla packed her suit case ready and got into bed, she laid thinking about Nate, and how they made love. 

Jayla fell asleep.

She woke in the morning she looked beside her to see if Nate was there, but there was no sign of him being in bed at all, she got up and had a shower, dressed and put the rest of her clothes in her case, she wheeled the case out to the lounge. 

She looked around and couldn't see Nate, she left a note on the side with her ring, 

"Nate, please go ahead with the divorce, I love you". 

 Jayla walked down to the front of the hotel and got in a taxi and went to the airport.

Jayla was in a limo on the way home, her phone rings, she looks, and it was Nate, 

"Hello Nate". 

 "Jayla, I'm sorry about last night but I've only just left the conference room". 

 "Nate, don't worry about it. I had a lovely time, I had to leave, I got a business to manage too".

 "I got your note, are you sure you want a divorce?".