CHAPTER 23 [EDITED]

SAGE

I had been watching them for years.

Waiting to go back to earth and feel that terror in their eyes. But nothing helped. Not those clan leaders' sweetest blood, not those marriages to thousand witches who practiced dark arts, not the wars I caused single-handedly just to have a way to be back.

But when the chance finally came? That woman ruined everything. I should have tried harder to keep her possessed, to make sure she never felt anything but to follow my orders.

Feed on my words and die on my wrath.

"What are you doing here?" It surprised me how she was still holding on after getting tortured every day. When I didn't say anything, she hissed. "Came to my see my misery?"

"Don't talk to me in that tone. You have disgraced me."

"No...you are the one who disgraced me."

I wanted to laugh at the braveness she was putting on. She was gullible, always so ready to jump at my words. The poor girl was so desperate for a friend that she'd do anything. Pity, once I really liked her. "You should've taken my hand when I offered it to you. Then you wouldn't have to worry about your children killing you, Keisha."

Keisha was weaker than the last I saw her. She was in prison with nothing but her past memories. With no souls and no magic? She was just as good as gone.

"I chose what I had to choose. You bewitched me. Talked about love and sacrifice. I didn't even realize when I got trapped in your stupid games. You were the one who didn't let me live in peace! You ripped me from Zedkiel, you killed my unborn child, and I had to kill my husband to lift the curse you brought upon me! Your book didn't work. You lied to me!" She yelled at my face, gripping the iron trying to rip it apart. Too bad she wasn't as powerful as she used to be.

"I just bought a curse upon you, don't I, sweet Keisha? So who saved you from your sacrifice, who thought you'll be a perfect bride and took powers from the old King of Darkness. I wasn't the one who got knocked up even if she wasn't meant to spread this curse."

"I may not love Jonathan but we had an understanding. But you had to ruin that too. Did you really think I'd marry you? A hellhound!" She cried out. "You sadistic bastard, I should have killed you the first time I realized you had no longer any control over me."

I couldn't stop the chuckle. "It was merely a test which you failed. I thought you'd give me the powers to break the seal between hell and earth. Or at best, find me a Seeker. And what did you do? You jump right in the bed of a warlock, a clan leader nonetheless."

It was a long time plotting, really. Thousands and thousands of years of failed attempts had made me perfect the chaos I brought to the life of the Desahyes bloodline. And what made it easier was Keisha's naivety. That girl was too dense to realize when a hellhound was starting to control her every move, her every breath and in the end?

Her entire life.

Fate was null when it came to her. I wrote her fate, I guided it. And sooner or later she'd cave it again. With that thought, I turned to leave but her loud shriek stopped me from taking another step.

"If-if I wanted to...really wanted to, both of them would be dead by now. But I triggered their curse instead. Ever wondered why?"

I didn't turn back. I only grinned as I thought of how she'd take the news. "Lucky for me, you weren't the only puppet I had. Lana is coming soon to join that prison of yours. Goodnight."

"You'll rot here with me, master." She snarled, slamming the iron bar with her bruised fists. "I'll end you! I'll end you, you bastard!"

***

Who else is surprised to see Keisha alive! Let me know!