The Rescue: Part One

*This is Inko Midoriya. I'm sorry, but I can't answer the phone at the moment. Please leave a message and I'll call you back as soon as I can. Thank you*

*Beep*

"Inko, it's Toshi. I know you left your phone back at your place when we rushed to see Young Midoriya in the hospital. That's why I called now. I'm not sure how I would even make this call if it was in real time. I just wanted to call and say that I'm going out of town for the night. I'll be back tomor...No. I can't promise that. I'm going off to help rescue Young Bakugou. I have every intention to make it back, but there's something about this mission that's far more than just a rescue. And due to that, no amount of determination can guarantee I'll survive. I don't have time to explain everything; Young Midoriya will have to fill in all the gaps. And you might be wondering why I'm even going in the first place. Well..."

Toshinori took a deep breath.

"...I am All Might. I know that makes no sense, but it will eventually. I need to go rescue Young Bakugou and stop someone that puts you and Midoriya's life in terrible danger. That person has a high chance of killing me, which I of course will do everything in my power to stop. But...I can't make any promises. So I...I just wanted to say...I...I love you."

That was the first time either of them had said it.

"I know it's only been a few months since we met. But, these last three months have been the best of my entire life. Not to mention the entire year I've had with your son. I knew that whoever was responsible for such an amazing young man, I had to love. And, so I did. You both have changed my life greatly. I've never had much family throughout my life, and I've lost most of them. But with Young Mi-... Izuku, I've gotten a taste at what it's like to have a son. And with you I've experienced a feeling that I've never felt before... which is love, I mean. Sorry, I'm not very good at this."

Toshinori felt the engine to the police van he was in the back of turn off. They had arrived.

"I have to go. I'm at the location where we'll rescue Bakugou. I...I know that was a lot, but I hope in time you'll understand. And forgive me for not telling you sooner or in person. Tell Izuku I'm proud of him. I've left my own words for him in a letter. And I've left most of everything I own to you two. By the way, if I don't come back a short grumpy man will probably stop by. And if I do come back, disregard this message... Goodbye Inko...and thank you for everything."

*Beep*

Toshinori put down his phone, and leaned his head back against the wall of the van.

*Knock Knock*

"You ready All Might?" Tsukauchi asked from the outside.

"No." Toshinori whispered to himself. *POOF*

Toshinori buffed up and opened up the van door. "Is everyone in position?"

"Yeah. We're just waiting on you. Endeavor's waiting outside the building. Gran Torino, Kamui Woods and Edgeshot are waiting on the roof for you. They'll breach on your word. I and the rest of the swat team will surround the perimeter. And uh...are you sure you don't want to be on the Hangar team. With what Spinner said... it's likely He's there."

"No. He'll have to wait. Young Bakugou is the top priority. He's only a boy, and he's my student. I can't let him get hurt. If I chose my personal matters over him I'd never be able to live with myself."