Chapter 30: 'Is everyone in a gang in London?'

30 chapters of this terrible book, wow. Lemme go cry ;(

...

Patrick's POV

"Hello Patrick." A very familiar, bold voice spoke into the phone.

My confusion had only grown since my phone first started ringing. It was late and I never trust an unknown number, but I answered it anyway.

I recognise that voice.

My eyes widened.

"Brooklyn?"

"That's my name, baby. Try not to wear it out, yeah?"

Internally, I rolled my eyes and visualised myself beating the shit out of this kid.

"What do you want?" I groaned. I didn't have time for this, or anything.

"Now, now. Let's not be hasty. Slow down, we'll get there." He replied, angering me even more.

"Shut the fuck up. What do you want? Why are you calling me?"

Impatience and sheer anger flooded through me.

"That's no way to treat someone who has something of value to you."

I raised my eyebrows. Something of value to me? What could he possibly be talking about?

"Spoken to Maddison recently?"

I instantly panicked as I heard her name.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" I rushed, trying to hide my worry.

Silence.

Dead, silence.

"Speak! Now, you piece of shit! What are you talking about?" I screamed through the phone, clearly shocking him.

He remained calm, which only infuriated me more.

"By the looks of it social services came and took Rey away from Maddison, claiming Maddison wasn't emotionally stable and shit. What a shame."

Yet again, I was confused. I remained quiet.

After a minute of silence, he spoke again.

"Ah well, lucky I've got Rey isn't it?"

My heart sank.

"What?"

"Told you I had something of value to you." He added.

Oh my god.

I'm going to fucking end his life.

"What did you do with her?" I angrily questioned.

"Keep your cap on, Bamford. She's fine. She's in safe custody and you can have her back... So long as you give me the information I need."

"You're a twisted little shit, Brooklyn. I thought you liked Maddison? Why the fuck would you kid nap her cousin for information from me? What information?"

He stayed silent and it gave me a moment to think.

"Are you working for my mother?" I quickly ask, anxiety swallowing me up.

He scoffed.

"You think I'd work for Audrey? Honestly, I'd rather die. Why I need the information is irrelevant. I just need you to tell me where Don Ferrando's new shipment of class 1 weapons are coming from. I need them."

I listened carefully to what he asked of me, but I couldn't do it. Don Ferrando was a good guy and not only had he helped Tony a lot over the years, he was a powerful man and I didn't want to risk putting myself or anyone else in danger. However Brooklyn knew I was able to easily get this information and I know it's the only thing he will trade Rey for.