Chapter 6: 'Grounded and Humbled.'

I don't think I mentioned it but it's currently Saturday in the story lmao

...

Torture.

I couldn't take my eyes off of him. He was just- stunning.

It was torture watching Alice flirt with him. He wasn't doing much of it back but you could tell he was enjoying it.

It was 11 pm. My shift was just about over. I took off my apron and walked to the back. We were each given small lockers in the corner of the room so I unlocked mine and grabbed my purse.

"Text me." Chanel winked.

I laughed. "I will, Chanel."

My aunt and Tom left some time ago. The place was pretty dead. The team left half an hour ago. I made sure Lisa knew I was leaving and got in my car. Even though it was dark, I could see the streets pretty well and got home quickly.

"Hi honey. How was work?"

I smiled at my aunt.

"Give me a second I'll just go get changed."

She nodded and I ran into my room and got into some pyjamas. I wiped of my makeup and put my hair into a ponytail.

I walked back out and sat down on the couch next to my aunt. She had a bowl of popcorn sat on the coffee table and two glasses of wine. I sighed, finally.

"Okay so tell me everything."

And I did. I told my aunt literally everything, I told her about when we first met Patrick, my bitch co worker Alice, my second meeting with Patrick and I told her about Chanel.

We talked for literally hours. It was around 2 am and we were getting ready to go to bed.

"Madison?"

"Yeah?"

"You should ask that Chanel girl to go shopping with you in the morning. Get some clothes with all that money your dad gave you.
She laughed, I could tell she was serious about asking her.

I nodded before saying goodnight and going to bed. I sent the text to Chanel, even though she'd probably be asleep.

To Chanel
Hey Chanel, I was wondering if you wanted to go shopping with me when we're both awake and have caffeine in our system?

I sent the text and opened my laptop, clicking on Netflix and watching another episode of gossip girl before falling asleep.

Sunday morning
9:55

I rolled over and was woken up by my high pitched text message noise

Stupid phone.

I rolled over again, and again. I wanted to get away from the noise. And then-

"Ow!"

My aunt came rushing in.

"What's wrong Madison what happened?"

She looked down at me on the floor.

"I fell off the bed." I groaned while rubbing my head, I think I banged it on the nightstand as I fell down.

She started laughing.

"Get up you doyle I'll make some pancakes."

I rubbed my head again and gave her a dirty look. I got up and sat back on the bed, grabbing my phone.

I had a text message from Chanel.

From Chanel
Bitch you know I'm going shopping! This is why I breathe!