Chapter 29: 'Promise?'

I'm really bad at writing whoops don't read this it's trash :)

...

Maddison's POV

"Maddison... I think my mother is responsible for your aunt's death."

I heard the words that left Patrick's mouth but I didn't react.

"You... what?" I asked, my face emotionless.

"I'm sorry. I don't know for sure, but she threatened Tony. Saying that she wouldn't hurt me but she'd hurt you. Clearly she meant emotionally not physically, as I already guessed, knowing my mother the way I do." He quickly rambled on.

"My- my aunt. Rey's mother. Is dead... because of you and your emotionally stunted mother?" I spat, staring into his ocean blue eyes that had soon turned a darker shade as his face took on a sympathetic look.

"I- no I'm not sure. I thi-"

"You think so?"

He looked at the floor as I cut him off.

I shook my head, pure rage took over me.

How could he let this happen? How could he let her do this to me? To Rey?

He stepped forward and attempted to touch my arm. I slapped his hand away and stepped back.

"You let this happen." I shook my head.

He looked me in the eyes, sadness evident on his face. Tears filled up my eyes and a few escaped my eye and slowly fell down my cheek.

"Stay away from me, Patrick. Don't ever come near me again."

"Maddison I-" He started but I swiftly ran to my car, Chanel following close after me. I jumped in the front seat as Chanel got in the passenger seat. Rey was already strapped in, confused and sad as hell.

I looked out of my car window as I pulled out of the parking lot and saw Patrick and Danish, stood in the same place, both watching our car.

I wiped my eyes roughly, trying to remember why I was doing this. He let his mother do this, it's because of him that she did this. I can't let her hurt Rey.

Patrick's POV

I watched the car drive away.

She took my heart with her.

"Are you okay, bro?" Danish asked me, placing his hand on my shoulder.

My now hardened face slowly turned to look at him. I raised my eyebrows.

"I'm fine. Come on." I answered, turning away.

"Where?" A puzzled look appeared on his face.

"To kill the bitch."

Danish smirked at me as he instantly knew who I was talking about.

...

2 days later...

Maddison's POV

These past few days have been hard. I've had Chanel, which has been great since it means the bills are split now and we both had jobs.

Yet, I knew it wasn't enough.

I didn't have the money to get Rey a babysitter; Chanel and I are constantly at work, trying to afford what we need.

My dad cut me off.

He thinks I need to learn how to tackle these new found responsibilities on my own.