Chapter 4: 'Old Cousin'

Yeyeyeyey chapter 4 :)))

It was minute 87 of the match. 3 minutes until the end and it was 1-1. Even though we weren't winning, the atmosphere here was great and you could tell the fans really cared for their team.

I had gathered from the amount of times Rey pointed him out that Patrick was their main striker.

He hadn't scored a goal but Rey was positive he would. I humoured her but I didn't think that would be possible in the time left.

2 minutes.

1 minute.

I saw one of the players running with the ball all the way towards the goal in the last thirty seconds. I still couldn't make out which player was which.

He was getting closer to the goal, tackling anyone who challenged him. Whoever he was, he was clearly a skilful player. I didn't know much about English football but I was beyond impressed.

He was one-on-one with the keeper. He kicked the ball hard towards the goal, the keeper dived for it.

As quick as a flash, everyone jumped out of their seats, screaming, shouting, belting out his name.

"Du du du du Patrick Bamford!"

Rey jumped up and down and bounced around me. I couldn't help but smile and clap as the player ran towards our stand and slide on his knees, enjoying his glory.

Rey was screaming now. "He did it! He did it Madison! He scorwed!"

I smiled down at her as everyone started to settle down.

That's when the whistle blew, loudly.

Every chelsea fan in the stadium stood up clapping for 'the boys in blue'.

It was an amazing atmosphere. Just one goal, really changed the attitude of everyone here.

Me and Rey started to make our way out of the stadium. Brooklyn, the boy from before, grabbed my arm gently and I turned around, eyeing him up.

"Will I be seeing you again, American girl?"

I looked down at the floor and smiled. "Maybe." I simply said before waving slightly and guiding Rey through the crowds and out of the stadium.

Outside of the main entrance, there was mid-height fences put up, presumably to separate the players from the fans when meeting them.

Rey ran over to a certain spot and grabbed onto the fence, jumping up and down. I sighed, looking through the window of main reception. I spotted my aunt quickly and waved.

"Look Rey! It's your mom."

Rey excitedly waved at her mom but I knew she was mostly excited about meeting her favourite player, Patrick.

After half an hour, the whole waiting area outside of the stadium was packed full of people, but we managed to keep our spot. The players had started coming out now, but Rey ignored every one of them. They weren't Patrick. I understand that. The girl has priorities.

I was looking down at my phone, fiddling with the apps, trying to organise my phone when Rey suddenly grabbed my arm.

"Madison look! It's Patwick! It's Patwick Bamforwd!"

I smiled down at Rey, chuckling at her excited face as she watched her favourite player walk out. I looked up to finally see the player she had been gushing about. My eyes were met with him.

Him.

The most attractive man I had ever laid eyes on.

My breathing hitched as I studied him. He was tall, definitely over 6 foot. His hair was slightly messy and was a mix of blonde and brown.

He smiled brightly at the fans shouting his name. His gorgeous white teeth sparkled as he waved. He walked perfectly in his suit, which complimented his physique, impeccably. His tanned skin looked amazing against his white shirt.

He ran his hands through his hair as he made his way over to the first set of fans. As he made his way through them all, I couldn't take my eyes off of him. He was breathtaking in every way.

Rey started jumping up and down again as he approached us.

He looked down at Rey and smiled.

His eyes moved up until they met with mine. I froze. He looked at me from head to toe, smirking and looking back down at Rey.

She practically shouted at him with excitement.

"Patwick! I love you so much. Pweaseeeee can I have a photo."

I was still stood in awe, practically gawking at the boy in front of me.

"Of course. What's your name?" He finally spoke.

I hadn't been in England long, but I had already heard plenty of British accents. But none compared to him.

His accent was evidently from around this area like most. Yet, there was something so deep and charming about the way he talked.

He spoke slowly, like he knew exactly what he was saying next, yet he wanted to keep everyone on their toes.

"My names Rey. This is my old cousin, Madison."

I laughed at her calling me old. And apparently Patrick found it funny too as he mirrored my laugh.

He extended his hand to me before saying, "well. It's nice to meet you, old cousin, Madison."

I rolled my eyes before taking his hand. My body instantly started tingling at his touch. I gulped. Hoping he wouldn't see how nervous he made me.

He smirked.

Shit.

He knows.

All too quickly, he let go and crouched down next to Rey. He put his hand lightly on her shoulder and smiled.

She looked at him adoringly before looking towards my phone. She really loves him. It's adorable.

I took the picture and she tugged at his arm before he could leave.

"Yes, Rey?"

He smiled, looking down at her. She smiled back at him before replying.

"Don't you think my cousin is pwetty?"

My cheeks went red from embarrassment. I internally face palmed myself and made a mental note to kill Rey later.

I'm joking...

Mostly.

He laughed once again before looking at me and then looking at Rey.

"She definitely is."

He winked at me before moving on to the next set of fans.

My heart beat was completely audible to me and I felt like my breathing quickened as soon as he said that.

That just happened.

Rey wouldn't stop talking about how he called me 'pwetty' on the way to the car.

I just kept smiling, trying to shake my head of the thoughts of him.

All I knew was, that would be a day I would never forget.