Chapter 20: 'My fucking muffin!'

...

6 days later...

Patrick's POV

"Alright everyone. Match day. Get your kits on and get on that pitch. We need a win. Come on boys. Do it for Lewis."

I looked up as my manager nodded at me, before walking out. I rubbed my eyes and started getting changed.

"Are you okay, bro?" Adam tapped on my shoulder. I turned around and looked at him, before looking away and continuing to get changed. He scoffed and walked off.

I didn't need or want his sympathy. It was stupid. I was fine. I am fine.

We all walked out onto the pitch in our lines. As soon as I entered the pitch loud roars and screams of passion filled my ears. I looked up at the screen to see a picture of Lewis. It read,

'He owned the pitch, just like he owned our hearts.'

I clenched my fists and got into position. Before the referee blew the whistle, I looked around the stadium and then at the other team. I recognised one of the players.

I squinted my eyes and looked closer.

Him.

My veins bulged as the blood rushed to my head. Anger engulfed me all at once.

He caught me looking at him and smirked. He lifted up his fingers and started counting the players on our side of the pitch. He got to Lewis' number and held out his hands in fake confusion. Then he sarcastically pretended he remembered and pointed at the screen with the picture of Lewis plastered on it.

He made a notion with his hand and pretended to shoot himself in the chest. He laughed.

The whistle blew and I stormed over to him, completely forgetting where I was and everything around me. I lunged at him and picked him up by his shirt, throwing him on the floor.

I knelt over him and started viscously punching him in the face. The whistle blew again and I was dragged off of him. His nose and mouth were covered in blood as it started running down the rest of his face.

I wasn't finished with him. I broke out of the grasp of whoever was holding me and jumped on top of him. I didn't get chance to do much before I was dragged off again by security this time, who dragged me off the pitch as the referee held up a red card and the medics ran on.

They put me into a room with a small TV, showing the match. I watched it. We lost.

After the game finished my manager came storming in, swinging the door open.

"Patrick! What the fuck was that!"

I ignored him and looked at the floor.

"Pat. I know you're upset. We all are. But you can't be acting out like this. These are important games. I'm sorry, mate. I'm going to have to suspend you."

I looked up and widened my eyes. "Whatever." I said before walking out and bumping his shoulder purposely. He sighed as I slammed the door. I checked my phone and saw I had a text from Tony, asking me to meet him at the newsagents.

I sat in silence for a few minutes when I got in my car. I decided against putting the radio on. I knew it would all be about what happened. So I drove in silence.

Right now, silence was the best thing I could of heard.

I got there and parked behind the shop, as usual. I walked inside and straight behind the counter, not even looking up. I opened the door to his office and my eyes instantly met with a pair that I wasn't interested in seeing.