Chapter 5: 'She's always like that.'

Rey and I got home within half an hour. Match traffic wasn't as bad I thought it was going to be.

As soon as we stepped back in the apartment, Rey ran over to the couch, turned on the TV and started watching Victorious.

It wasn't long before my aunt got home whilst we were both watching TV.

"Hi girls. How was the match?"

Rey jumped up and started running towards my aunt. Oh great. I facepalmed myself physically this time as Rey started jumping up and down.

"Mummy! Patwick called Madison pwettyyy."

Oh god.

Thanks Rey.

My aunt looked at me and started smirking. "Did he now?"

Rey continued to hug my aunt before she ran back over to the couch.

"Don't. Even. Start."

She laughed. "Wasn't going to. Oh by the way, your shift starts at 7."

I nodded before getting up and walking to my room. I put my phone on charge and walked to my makeup table. I re-straightened my hair and put on some lip gloss. I changed into some black jeans and a black vest top as I knew the staff were required to wear black clothing.

Once I finished, I grabbed my phone, put it back in my bag and walked into the living room. Rey was on the couch and aunt Jessie was in the kitchen.

I walked over to Rey and gave her a hug before turning to my aunt. "Okay I'm going now."

"Okay sweetie I'm just waiting on the baby sitter for Rey and then me and tom will be right down. I'll text you directions."

I nodded before walking out to my car. I got in and sighed as I turned it on and pulled out of the apartment complex parking lot.

It turns out he pub was really close and easy to find. I pulled into the parking lot and walked in through the main entrance. I was instantly greeted by a middle aged woman with short blond hair.

"Hello. You must be Madison. I'm Lisa, me and my husband own this pub."

I shook her hand and said a quick hello before she continued.

"I'll take you through to the back, so you can meet your co-workers."

I nodded and followed her into the back. She called over two girls. One of them had dirty blond hair and the other had jet black hair. They were both gorgeous.

"This is Chanel and this is Alice, they work on the same days as you, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday."

I smiled at her and then looked at the two girls again. Silence. "Right then, I'll leave you girls to it. I'm sure they will show you the ropes." She quietly shut the door and left.

The black haired girl, Alice, spoke first. "I know you're new and American and all that crap, but stay out of my way please. I don't need any extra annoyance in my life. Thanks."

She strutted pass me and bumped my shoulder on her way out. Well. She's nice.

"Don't worry about her. She's just cranky because she's on her period."

I laughed.

"Actually, scratch that. She's always like that. I'm Chanel."

She extended her hand and I shook it. "I'm Madison."

Chanel seemed really cool, and we talked for a while. She talked about how much of a bitch Alice is. It turns out I was starting the same university she went to. I told her about New York and even though I had only just met her, I already felt comfortable enough to tell her about my mom and why she's the reason my dad moved me here. She was really kind about it and understanding. I always felt better when I opened up, I wasn't a closed off kind of person.