Chapter 28: 'A place called Heaven.'

If you're still reading this story, I love you !!

...

"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside of us while we live."

...

Maddison's POV

My phone landed with a thud on floor as it slipped from my fingers and I collapsed to my knees on the floor.

Everything looked blurry, everything sounded fuzzy, everything was wrong.

It was wrong.

"No." I barely got out as my voice broke and tears streamed down my face rapidly. I couldn't stop.

Danish was quick to his feet and to my aid.

"Maddison? Maddison?" He worryingly said as he rushed over to me and wrapped his arms around me.

"No." I repeated.

Chanel and Rey both came over as everything inside of me broke into a million pieces. My world was crumbling down before me and I couldn't do anything to stop it.

Danish picked up my phone and started talking to Patrick. Even if I wanted to listen, even if I wanted to hear, I couldn't. It was impossible to focus on anything other than the pain.

"I can't breathe." I choked out.

Chanel soon wrapped her arms around me.

Rey started to cry, she must be so confused. Oh my god.

Rey.

My breathing quickened. My hands became numb and a tingling sensation spread across my body as the pounding in my head increased in volume.

I started hyperventilating... fast.

I couldn't even decipher what was happening. I was picked up and taken to the car by Danish.

I continued to hyperventilate as everything inside of me started to slowly shut down.

"I- I ca-"

I couldn't get the words out. I couldn't get any words out.

They practically dragged me into the hospital. As soon as I saw Patrick, waiting on one of the hospital waiting chairs, I collapsed into his arms, breathing in his familiar and addictive scent of cigarettes and aftershave. I felt safe for just a second. Before the reality of the situation hit me hard.

The tears were pouring down now, harder than before and I couldn't stop shaking.

I breathed in.

"Maddison Beer?"

I lifted my head off of Patrick's chest and looked at the doctor approaching me.

"I'm so sorry for your loss." She quietly said, sympathy laced in her voice

That confirmed it.

Patrick told me on the phone but I suppose I was in denial.

I didn't want to believe it.

Now it was confirmed.

I felt numb.

"Maddison?" Patrick said as I started shaking again.

"Patwickkk? What's happening?" I heard Rey question.

Oh my god.

What is he supposed to say?

I tried to slow down my breathing and wipe away my tears. My heart was breaking and it wasn't just for me.

"Rey." I whispered. Everyone looked at me and I matched their look before kneeling down in front of Rey. I took a deep breath and placed my hands on her arms.