Chapter 19: 'La Meurte' Part 2

...

"That it will never come again, is what makes life so sweet."

...

Previously...

"Get off me!" Chanel screamed as they gripped her wrist tightly, dragging her back. Danish ran over as I helped Lewis and kicked the guy holding Chanel in the shin. "Fuck!" He screamed as Danish pulled Chanel away. Danish was then dragged to the floor and hit once again. It was all too much. Too much was happening.

I grabbed one of the guys who was tackling Danish and held him up by his shirt, swinging for his jaw and knocking him out.

Luckily, neither of the girls had any physical marks on them. Lewis, Danish and I? We weren't so lucky. I didn't have time to study the damage of the others before a piercing noise filled my ears.

*BANG*

Screams. Painful, painful screams.

*BANG*

...

01:54 am

Madison's POV

I tried to speak.

I couldn't.

I tried to move.

I couldn't.

I tried to breathe.

Barely.

My hands went to my face as sorrow, complete sorrow and empathy washed over me in the quickest second.

I watched the body fall to the floor, lifeless. Blood spilling onto the concrete floor. I gulped. The four men that were fighting the boys ran out of the alleyway and into the darkness of the night.

I couldn't believe my eyes. I couldn't even bring myself to pick up my phone to dial 999. I felt like I was suffocating.

My heart broke, as guilt flooded me. Guilt? I don't know why I felt it. It's all I could feel. Guilt. I guess I was guilty because I knew they'd be affected. I was guilty because someone who impacted and touched all of our lives, is gone.

...

Chanel screamed. The amount of pain in her voice, scared me. It was utterly terrifying.

"Lewis no. Lewis no. Answer me! Baby? Lewis?!"

I watched her pick up a muffin she had dropped on the floor, running over to his body and collapsing next to him.

"Look Lewis. They made the muffins! I brought you the whole bag!"

"Chanel st-"

No!" She screamed. "He's not gone! He isn't! No!"

She weeped, hovering over his body. Cries bellowed out of her mouth as she rested his head on her knees and placed her hands on his cheeks.

"You're going to be okay. You will." She choked out as she looked at his now, pale face.

"I promise." She whispered.