Chapter 10: 'Patwick?'

Maddison's POV

God why did Rey need so much ice cream, I can barely carry this. She better love me when I get back.

I walked over to the door to the staircase. It looked like it had been busted open or something. There was scratch marks and dents all over it. Strange.

I opened the door and immediately looked down.

Oh my god.

"Patrick?"

He laid there, almost lifeless. His lips and cheek were bleeding. Blood spilled on the floor coming from his stomach. He opened his eyes as soon as I spoke.

My breath hitched in my throat. A single tear dropped from my eye.

I could barely breathe looking at him.

He spoke with the smallest, broken whisper.

"Ma-Madison?"

I gasped and dropped to the floor. I stroked his hair gently.

"You're going to be okay."

I grabbed my phone and rang my aunt. She picked up on the third ring and I told her to come down here now.

She was quick to rush down the stairs, Rey close behind. Shit I forgot about Rey.

"Patwick?"

Rey went to run towards him, her face full of fear. Aunt Jessie pulled her backwards.

She gasped before turning to Rey.

"Shhh sweetie it's okay. He's okay. Go upstairs and open the door and wait by it okay?"

Rey nodded and ran upstairs with the key.

Aunt Jessie helped me lift him and we put his arms over our shoulders and dragged him up the stairs the best we could. We quickly pulled him into the apartment and rushed him to my room.

I put a towel on the bed before we laid him on it.

Aunt Jessie ran into the bathroom and came back with a white box. She took some scissors from my drawer and cut his hoodie off.

I gasped again. I couldn't breathe.

His stomach was covered in colourful, large bruises. A long deep cut lined itself along his defined six pack.

His lip and cheek were still bleeding too. But my aunt quickly started cleaning his cut.

She used an antiseptic wipe to clean it. I held his hand.

He grunted every so often and I couldn't hold back tears. It was so hard seeing him like this. I need to get over these feelings I have for him. I didn't realise they were this strong. I thought it was just a stupid infatuation. I mean I barely know him.

We offered to ring 999 but he refused and said he didn't want to go to the hospital.

My aunt started stitching up his wound. He grunted loudly and squeezed my hand, his eyes still closed.

Rey was told to sit in the living room, I put ICarly on for her before running back to check on my aunt and Patrick.

She finished stitching him up and cleaned up the cuts on his face. She put a small bandage on his cheek and rubbed cream on some of his bruises.

She knew exactly what she was doing, which made me feel a lot better.

She gave me a small smile and hugged me once she had finished.