Chapter 31

Wyatt:

After talking with Omega for hours, I finally decided I should go and help bring everyone back together. Did I lead everyone to split apart? Is this separation my fault?

I refuse to believe it. The scientists are the ones pulling the strings. I'm just a pawn, and everything that has happened has been planned.

Once everyone is together, I must tell them what Omega told me. The key to leaving the island.

Stepping out of the cave, nobody is in sight. I suppose my only hope to finding them is following the river, and seeing if I stumble upon anyone. My assumption proves to be correct within a very short time.

I see a flash of light ahead of me, and immediately recognize it to be Kiara. I sprint towards her.

"Kiara! Are you alright? We thought that you were dead." I shout to her. Her face is white and she looks petrified in fear.

"Dove is an enemy." She whispers, which I barely hear as I stop next to her.

"Dove is the key to our escape. She isn't our enemy." I comment, hoping I heard her correctly.

"She isn't human anymore. She said she will burn anyone who doesn't submit and worship her."

"What?" I exclaim in shock. She is only a little girl, this makes no sense. She seemed so sweet not long ago.

"She can use anyone's power as long as they submit to her. She says that Ryan has. She plans on controlling all of us."

"Then we will stop her. You and I together. Let's go try to find everyone else, ok?" She nods, and I continue down stream. I want to ask her more. I want to tell her everything Omega said. I know she probably needs the distance currently though. At least I found her. I hope Ryan is with Tyler, and Kali has probably already returned to the cave. So I guess my next step is to find Vivi.

I stop by our first camp, and see that part of the hut was broken now. Definitely not how we left it. I also notice that there is a strange patch of mud among the dirt by the river. I don't understand why only one little area would be flooded.

"What are we doing here?" Kiara asked, out of her state of trauma.

"Looking for Vivi. Do you know where she might be?" She looks up. At first I thought that she was checking the time, then a light started glowing. An arrow formed above her head. She then raised her hand and pointed in the same direction.

"She is in that general direction. Mostly likely at the waterfall where we first met." I follow her arrow, surprised again by her power.

"Have any other secret powers?" I laugh, making a joke.

"Yeah." She answers solemnly. I look at her bewildered, then continue on my way.

"You are definitely interesting, haha." I try to ease the mood.

"Do you have any powers, Wyatt?" She asks with interest.

"Other than my charm and intelligence, I don't believe so." I smirk. She smiles back, shaking her head. "What?" I shrug.

"Nothing," she giggles. "You are just being lighthearted in our current circumstances." She laughs mildly. I shake my head and continue forward.

That is when we bumped into Vivi, and a girl that had water floating around her. She must be Puddle then. Omega told me about her.

"So, you are Puddle then, right?" I walk forward acknowledging the new girl. She looks surprised that I know who she is. "And I don't believe we have officially met either, Vivi." Vivi stares coldly.

"Did you two really help me?" Vivi asks very skeptically.

"Of course! Who told you otherwise?" Kiara exclaims. Vivi looks confused, and obviously doesn't have an answer.

"How do you know who I am?" Puddle asks defensively.

"I have a friend who remembers the place where we came from, and all of the kids who were held there. I guessed based on your control of the water." She seems unable to answer as well. A few awkward moments of silence pass, until Kiara breaks it.

"Do you guys want to follow us back to the cave?" She tries to convince them.

"Have you fallen into the control of Dove?" Vivi asks deceptively. Does she work for Dove now? Would this question be easier just to ignore? I would rather not start a fight.

"No. I won't worship such a demon." Kiara states coldly. Vivi nods in agreement.

"Me neither. She has Ryan and Ash under her control now though." Kiara seems confused. She obviously doesn't know who Ash is. I know who he is though, and I feel a cold chill crawl up my back.

They look at me, obviously noticing my grave expression.

"Do you know who Ash is as well?" Puddle asks.

"Yes. If Dove has his power and Ryan's power, we have reason to be fearful. She can burn down the entire island now if she chose to."

The realization dawned upon all of their faces, especially Kiara.

Suddenly the wind started to swirl around us. The wind felt like it was steam, and when I turned, I saw puddle had disappeared.

"Vivi!" I shout to be heard over the storm. "Find Ryan and Ash and convince them to fight against Dove's control!" Kiara points her in the right direction, and she nods. She turns into a hawk, and flies out of the artificial storm.

All who deny me will burn.

"Dove!" I shout to her. "We want to help you!"

The storm begins to settle, and the image of Dove appears in front of Kiara and I.

You wish to submit to my will?

She sounds confused, and that is exactly what I had hoped.

"Submission requires a lot of work. If you had to control us, it would only make you thinned out. You wouldn't want that." Kiara looked at me like I was crazy. Dove waited for me I continue. "We do, however, have a common interest. We both want to get off this island, right?" She laughs.

You do understand that I already have scientists under my control, right? I already plan on leaving the island. Why would I need your help if you were not enslaved to me?

"You do realize that the world outside of this island is already prepared to stop us if we were to get out of control. I could convince the outside world that everything is going how it is supposed to."

I would rather destroy everything on this island, and continue forward until all humanity is truly pure.

"There are things I have learned from Omega, Dove. They are already prepared for all of us. Deception, not force, is the only way to win. I may not have super powers, but I was created to lead and make the most rational decisions. Allow me to help you."

Omega is dead. Your plans have already failed. I will destroy you. You are the most worthless of all the soldiers, Wyatt. It was only a matter of time until someone with power decided to take control.

I turn and look at Kiara, while addressing Dove. "Without a body to anchor you, Dove, it is obvious that light will scatter your power." At that moment Kiara casts her light, and Dove disappears.

"Kiara, we need to stop Dove and quickly leave this island."

"How are we supposed to leave, Wyatt? We have no means of escape!" She is frustrated and upset.

"I already have an escape plan, just follow me."