Chapter 6

Vivi:

I pull myself off the sandy ground, and head into the forest. The sun is about to set, and I need to find water now. I can already feel heat-stroke coming over me. If I don't get water soon I will pass out.

I stumble through the dense foliage. If I just keep moving forward, I will find water somewhere. I just need a tiny little stream. Just a little water is all I need, but a lake full of water would be nice too.

I hear a slight sound in the distance, something similar to a faucet running. Water! I leap for joy and sprint toward the sound. I race out of the trees, into an opening. The sounds of the waterfall encircle me and birds fly carelessly through the trees around me, heading to their nests no doubt. I feel like I just entered an oasis in a desert. I run under the small waterfall and play in it childishly. The waterfall is about as tall as I am. This is the most carefree I have felt in what feels like a long time.

After I finished quenching my thirst, I turn and investigate the opening. The sun falls softly on everything, and the foliage here is so diverse, it's unbelievable. This is a perfect place to camp out. Suddenly, a girl enters the opening.

"Who are you?" I ask cautiously in a small squeak. She steps forward, looking confident and calm.

"My name is Kiara."