chapter forty-nine: pastel cupcakes

Dracul was unsteady on his feet, he stumbled forward when he got back to his home.
(Y/n) caught him to keep him from falling onto the floor.
The Romanian let put an exhausted shaking breath, his face had small beads of sweat on it. He was shaking as he breathed.
The albino woman put his arm over her shoulder so she could help him to his room for rest, she could feel his heart as she held her hand over his chest while they walked.
"I-I can make it... myself.", he forced out of his mouth.
"I don't believe you. You don't look well.", the female replied and helped him to his room.

He started to protest but she silenced any protest forcing him into his bed.
The albino woman took off most of his clothing, she let him keep his trousers on.
His whole body felt clammy, he did not seem like he was well.
(Y/n) felt his forehead, he was so cold.
"I am fine.", the Romanian said and tried to get up.
He was put right back into the bed, "You need to be asleep at this time."
Dracul coughed into his hand, blood splattered onto his palm.
He looked back at the woman, she looked so concerned for him.
"I guess I can't say this isn't mine now.", he asked with a little pained smile.

(Y/n) laid him back onto the bed and wiped the blood from his mouth with a hankerchief, "Sleep Dracul. I will take care of you."
"I am supposed to be taking care of you.", Dracul responded and got a harsh look from the female.
He lay back and let the woman take care of him.
Wipe away his persperation and comforted him as he fell asleep.
He looked peaceful when he was finally asleep. There was no pain, no empty expressions, just peace.
The albino woman moved a piece of hair out of his face as he slept and smiled, he finally was looking better. He needed rest and some care.
She got up and took the hankerchief to wash with the rest of his clothes after pulling the bedsheets over him.

He took good care of her before so she could return the favor and then some.
Dracul was in pain and she wanted to help him, she was determined to care for him tenderly until he was better.
The female loaded the dirty laundry into the washer and added the detergent before going to read in the expansive library.
The albino picked up a large tome, it appeared to be ancient and full of knowledge that may have been lost.
The old pages seemed delicate, so she took great care in turning them as she read.
The smell of the old leather and paper permiated the room, letting anyone who was in there know just how ancient all of these texts were.

Her hand ran over the page that mentioned the use of 'light magic', an ancient picture of a woman with long hair was on the page. The woman was stylized but (y/n) could recognize some features that looked like her. Who was this woman? An ancestor?
The albino turned the page to continue reading.
The beautiful lettering told of the magic use of the woman on the previous page, how she was powerful enough to be the light of the sun when the skies went dark during the winter.
She was powerful enough to cut storms down and quiet invaders and uprisings.
(Y/n) let out a breath of wonder and awe.
It would have been incredible to meet this woman, if she was still alive.

(Y/n) kept reading and reading, she was finally able to finish the book a couple hours later.
The female carefully returned it to the space she found it in, the young albino looked into Dracul's room to check on him.
The raven haired man was still resting peacefully.
She smiled softly and returned to the laundry to dry and fold the clothes.
The albino put the clothes away and returned to the library to read.
A soft and sweet scent wafted through the home as the albino walked, it smelled familiar. Like sweet cupcakes.
She followed the scent to the kitchen.

Soft humming met her ears from the kitchen.
A small male with pinkish blond hair was in the dull and dark kitchen, he seemed to be having a good time as he swayed back and forth.
Baking materials were lined up on the counter and the oven was on, the smell was even stronger here.
The male seemed to be wearing a pastel outfit.
There was another male in the kitchen.
He had auburn hair that was tinted red, red eyes and tanned skin.
There tanned male looked up from the counter to (y/n)'s position, "Ollie..."