Chapter 4.

Apologies for the late update and this chapter being short.

Side pic is of Elijah when he's hunting with Klaus.

"Come on brother! Don't be such a spoilt sport!" A young English-accented man spoke as he looked at another man.

"Niklaus, this sport is for the petty minded and fools, I am neither," the older man called Elijah spoke with contempt.

"Come on. Have a go," the younger man called Klaus goaded as he held a pistol up. Elijah took it and aimed it towards a tree. " Watch and learn," he muttered. He successfully shot a leaf and then a branch, causing a bird nest with a few eggs to fall. But before the nest smashed on the floor, Elijah sped in time and effortlessly caught the nest with one hand.

"Impressive," Klaus smirked and he glanced at a well-fed man who was staring ahead blankly as he was compelled.

"Well, you fancy old Bob?" Klaus laughed as he sped up to man who was middle-aged and bit into his neck. Neither the man nor the other men made a sound as they had been compelled. Elijah watched in disgusts and Klaus wiped his mouth, looking wild.

In the woods, the two brothers were hunting and shooting birds as they stood with their compelled entourage. The older of the two brothers, Elijah, was listening to his brother talk when his brother, Klaus, cut off completely. Elijah listened out too and heard gasps and running footsteps.

Elijah's POV:

I could hear a heart rate that was beating so rapidly, I thought it surprising it had not collapsed. Turning my head, I listened to the frantic gasps and wondered who the owner of the voice was.

It sounded like a tormented soul, with no reason to live. I looked at my brother who was smirking, his fangs extended and I sped away. Silently, I prowled towards the source of the voice and came across a girl who was shaking against a tree. She was beautiful but looked so weak. I watched her from the shadows as she sat at the foot of the tree and hugged her legs as tears streamed. I noticed how her legs and thighs were covered in human bite marks and bruises.

Suddenly a twig snapped, making me look and the girl snapped her head up, looking terrified. She slowly stood up and began to run. I followed her and sped right in front of her so she crashed into my chest. She looked into my face and began to back away, whimpering. She hit a tree and gasped before she shut her eyes.

No one's POV:

The girl was terrified of the man before her and she immediately shut her eyes. She was shocked at how she bumped into him when he wasn't there as she looked before looking back whilst running. Rose could sense that he was slowly walking towards her as leaves and twigs crunched under his footsteps.

He was looking at her lips and leaned towards her as if he were about to kiss her. Rose opened her eyes and saw his eyes shot up to look into hers. Rose's eyes were staring into Elijah's eyes as she saw kindness and empathy, the two things she hadn't seen in years. The man heard the girl's heartbeat race as he inched closer to her before being mere millimetres away from her crook of her neck.

He sniffed her neck and spoke softly "don't be afraid," as she held herself still. Suddenly Elijah could hear shouting and horses stomping their hooves as they sped deeper in the woods. Elijah knew it was something to do with this girl and looked at her fully in the face.

"Is your name Rose?" He asked and she nodded, looking shocked that he knew her name.

"I. How did you know?" she whispered as her voice cracked due to thirst.

"Someone is looking for you," he spoke as he made to pull her by the wrist and she gasped in pain as her shoulder was pulled.

Elijah turned back and looked at the girl, stunned. Rose was holding her arm and had tears falling down her face. Elijah understood immediately that she didn't want to go back to where she came from. He walked slowly towards her and touched her cheek. "I'll protect you," he whispered and slowly Rose walked into his arms, breathing in his scent.

"Ah. What do we have here?" A voice sneered and Rose recognised it as Oscar's. She gasped and hid behind Elijah as she whimpered "no, please, no". Oscar walked towards Elijah and drew out his sword. Rose was terrified of what was about to happen when Oscar greeted Elijah as an old friend.

She watched, terrified, as Elijah and Oscar hugged and spoke. "Darling, this is my very good friend, Elijah," Oscar spoke as he walked towards Rose and pulled her towards himself by her waist. Rose winced and looked at Elijah with sad eyes. "Elijah, this is Rose, my fiancée amongst many other things," Oscar smirked as he glanced at Elijah.

"Come on friend. Let us go back to the castle," Oscar smiled at Elijah who was staring at Rose. Noticing this, Oscar pulled his fiancée even closer to himself and walked away, leaving Elijah to follow him.

Rose was terrified of the consequences she would face after she ran away and she didn't want to face Sir Richardson after what he tried to do.

*a short while later*

In Rose's bedroom, a furious Oscar was facing the floor as Rose sat on the bed. "I will ask you for the last time. Why did you run off?" he hissed in an angry voice as he grabbed Rose by her elbows. Tears streaming down, Rose knew she had nothing to lose by telling him the truth.

"Sir. Sir Richardson broke in my room and tried to touch me," she stuttered as she avoided looking into his eyes. Oscar's face contorted in anger as he pushed Rose on the bed and slammed the door after him. "Nobody comes. Nobody leaves," he muttered to the guard outside the room.

Inside the room, Rose began to sob quietly as she touched her cheek where her fiancé hit her. She was angry at herself for not running further into the woods. She knew that Elijah was in the castle at this moment as Oscar's guest.

Rose's POV:

I felt strangely drawn to the handsome stranger and longed for him to be with me again. Why didn't I run? I'm back at the castle again with no hopes to escape. Suddenly the door opened and a maid left a tray of food for her before another maid brought a towel. "Miss Rose, would you have a bath? You have to attend a ball tomorrow,". Before I could utter a word, the two maids were gone and I was all alone again.

Feeling frustrated, I stood up and smashed the tray against the wall as I sobbed and screamed. After a few seconds, I crouched down to pick up a piece of China when I jagged my fingers against the mess of China plates. I watched as blood dripped and came up with an idea to end this misery. I picked up a larger and more shaper piece and ran it across my wrist. Watching the blood seep out alarmingly fast, I felt lightheaded and lay flat on my bed, my bleeding wrist held out.

I could feel my heartbeat slow and started to fall into a deep slumber. I could feel that this was it. I would finally be free from my hell.

Unknown POV:

I was thinking about today's events when a sudden whiff of blood hit me. I immediately sped out of the chambers and headed towards the smell. It led me towards a door. Without a thought, I smashed the door and sped in, seeing Rose laying there with a pool of blood beside her bed. I rushed towards her and bit into my wrist before bringing it into her mouth. I realised that someone else had walked into the room but didn't look up to see who it was.

So who do you think saves Rose?

Will she survive?

Please enjoy and commentand vote.
Xx