Chapter 49:

Recap:

"What ditzy Forbes? And nope. You're getting warmer, Kat."

"Lockwood?" Katherine was now fed up. "You are, aren't you? A Lockwood? Tyler can't be the only child. Filthy rich parents always produce a few brats."

"I'll tell you. Do you know Rosabelle?"

"Should I?" Katherine asked.

"You should. I see she's shacked up with one of the Mikaelsons."

Katherine looked at Anna, stunned. "Rose?"

"Is that what she's calling herself now?" Anna shook her head. "Anyway, Rosabelle is my sister," Anna said. "She thinks I'm dead. But for the last 211 years, I've been watching her. I've been biding my time."

Katherine was gobsmacked.

***

Chapter 49:

"Hey."

Rose turned around and smiled. "Hi."

"I've been looking all over for you."

"Well, now you've found me," Rose wiped a tear away and exhaled softly. "You've found me."

"I'm sorry," Elijah murmured as he sat down next to her.

"Bet you didn't expect to me to be here. At the old ruins." Rose sighed and finally looked at Elijah. "You don't have anything to apologise for. It wasn't you. It was that idiotic Klaus and that dumb witch you guys have. Urgh, I could really swing for her."

"For the record, I doubted him. But the witc-"

"That Sabina- I want to fuckin' punch her in the face," Rose's tone was bitter. "Elijah, you're my true love. I love you so much. You honestly believed what you saw?" Rose paused. "No wonder you thought I cheated, that bitch Sabina literally morphed into me and kissed Nik."

"I had my doubts." Elijah admitted as he put his hand on Rose's knee. "But... deep down, I knew it was a ploy cooked up by Niklaus."

Rose smiled. "I love you, Eli."

"I love you, Rose."

The smile fell from Rose's face and she sighed. "I'm worried about Dean."

"He seems to be doing well," Elijah looked at the ruins and continued, "he tried to kill you?"

"H- how do you know that?" Rose nodded. "Nik told you?"

"When have you ever known Niklaus to... skimp out on the details?"

"Never, especially when they're juicy," Rose murmured with a smile. She looked up at Elijah and exhaled softly. "I just want to leave town with you, just for a few days, for some alone time."

"Just say the word and we'll go," Elijah spoke as he ran his fingers along Rose's hand.

"I can't leave Dean the way he is and then there's Thomas-"

"One of many reasons I love you," Elijah murmured, "you're always putting others before yourself."

"But not before me and you." Rose looked at the ruins thoughtfully. "Let's go away, just me and you."

"Why the sudden change of heart, my love?"

"We've lost over 100 years, being separated from each other." Rose looked up at Elijah and smiled. "Time to be selfish with our time, Eli." Rose exhaled and placed her arms around Elijah's neck. "I love you too much to compromise."

Elijah smiled and kissed Rose's forehead. "Where would you like to go? Perhaps you want to stay local because of Dean and Thom-"

"Shhh," Rose placed her finger on Elijah's lips. "Remember what I said? I love you too much to compromise. Let's go... to... Paris... the city of love, my love."