Chapter 29

Recap:

"Because I hated you," Thomas murmured. "After you left to go with Oscar, I hated you. Our parents refused to talk about you, and when they did, mother cried while father just drank. I grew to resent you."

"Left?" Rose frowned. "No, I didn't leave. I was forced. I did not want to leave, but our father got into debt and mother offered me as repayment. She was offered the opportunity to 'buy' me back, but she didn't. She didn't want another mouth to feed." Rose smiled sadly. "After a few years, a few months after my 21st, I met Elijah and he saved me."

"Looks like you got your happy ending." Elizabeth spike bitterly. "He was mine."

"I was never yours," Elijah murmured as he looked at Elizabeth. "I loved you as a friend, nothing more, nothing less."

Elizabeth avoided looking at Elijah as her eyes watered. "I've moved on," she smiled. She looked at Thomas and sped over to him. Pulling off the vervain soaked ropes without even wincing, she smirked. "Thomas and I are married."

Rose's mouth fell open. She looked at her brother, who nodded with a chuckle. Rose turned to look at Elijah, who looked dumbfounded.

*******
Chapter 30:

Rose was still in a state of shock. She looked at the wedding ring on Elizabeth's finger and was astonished. Damon looked pleased with himself as he waited for a cat fight to ensue. Stefan looked worried and Dean was alert in case he had to step in to protect his best friend and sister from another mister. Elena looked uncomfortable as she looked at Klaus every few seconds.

Rose looked at the floor. "When?" She asked. Elizabeth looked at her, wanting her to expand. "When did you get married?"

"1903," Elizabeth smiled proudly.

"Wow. So all this time you knew I was alive and yet you didn't think to find me and tell me? We're meant to be siblings!" Rose sighed as she looked at Thomas.

"I did not know." Thomas spoke. He looked at his older sister and sighed. "Look, Rosie, I did not know you were alive just when I had turned. I assumed you had died when there was a fire at the inn, a lot of vampires were deliberately killed in the fire by a Bennett witch called Emily."

Elena looked up, surprised. She made eye contact with Stefan and Damon, the former of whom looked stunned. Damon, however, shook his head subtly.

"-but when I found out, I...I was busy plotting my revenge against you. I...wanted you dead." Thomas let go of Elizabeth's hand and looked at his sister.

"But the minute you found out I was alive, you should have shown yourself." Rose shook her head. "I've missed so much of your life. Your engagement. Your wedding. I missed it all."

"Well, we can't make up for lost time." Thomas sighed. He looked at Rose. "I'm here now, Rose." He looked back at his wife. "Lizzie and I are leaving. This town has nothing to offer."

"Won't you stay?" Rose murmured.

"This town is too small for our liking..." Elizabeth chuckled. "You see...we're accustomed to big cities and bright lights!"

"Not even for your big sister?" Rose whispered.

"Big sister? It doesn't seem like you're the same Rosabelle. Your style, you accent. When did you get a British accent?"

"Well," Rose chuckled as she looked at Dean. "I've been living in London for the past few years. I could say the same for your Canadian accent." She walked towards her brother. "Won't you stay, even for a while?"