Chapter 42:

Recap:

Elijah let out a sigh and Kol put his hand on his arm. "Her heart belongs to you, Elijah."

"You're Elijah?" Loretta asked.

Elijah nodded.

"She talked about you." Loretta smiled. "The 6 weeks we were there, she talked about you all the time. And her brother too."

Elijah smiled before he looked at Loretta. "We will bring Rose back, but not her friend."

"But-"

"No, Loretta, don't argue." Klaus said.

Meanwhile, on the other side, Rose was back and panting. Once she got her breath back, she looked at Oscar. "The portal, it's gone, but it brought someone else too."

Oscar looked up, surprised. "Oh?" He asked. "Who?"

"He says his name is Kai Parker."

Chapter 42:

**********

"Do you understand the plan?" Kai asked.

Rose looked at Oscar and was relieved to see that she was not the only one who was worried.

"Um..." Rose looked at Kai again. "Who are you, again?"

"Malachi Parker." Kai smiled. "But you can call me Kai."

"Aren't you quite the charmer?" Rose asked with skepticism.

"Always," Kai smirked. He looked at Oscar and let out a low chuckle. "And you are?"

"Someone who will rip your tongue out if you don't stop ogling at my wife." Oscar snarled.

"Woah, woah, woah!" Rose blinked, turning to look at Oscar. "Back up, buddy, back up! I am not your wife, Oscar!"

"Back there again, are we?" Oscar asked.

"Damn right we are!" Rose hissed. "Now shut up while I talk to this new stranger."

Oscar looked affronted while Kai smirked.

"So, Kai, please forgive me if I sound cynical, but where exactly have you come from?" Rose asked.

"That doesn't matter." Kai smiled. "All that matters is this; I have a plan. I know how to get out. But it'll be painful."

"Rose, surely you don't-" Oscar began.

"Kai. Please excuse us." Rose smiled politely. "We won't take long."

Kai nodded.

Rose widened her eyes at Oscar. A few moments later, they were standing under a large oak tree. Rose looked back at Kai and frowned when Kai waved at her.

"Okay," Rose looked at Oscar. "You were right. I still love you. I was just passing time with Elijah." Rose said loudly. "I still love you, Oscar Timmins, you still have my heart."

Oscar looked shell-shocked.

"What-"

Rose threw herself into Oscar's arms, her luscious hair over his face.

"This is an act." Rose whispered into Oscar's ear. "I cannot stomach you. This is just an act. I don't trust Kai." Rose pulled back and smiled at Oscar. "I still want you, Oscar."

"You do realise I can hear you, right?" Kai called.

"Hear what? My proclamation of love?" Rose asked.

Kai chuckled. "So," he began, "are you two love birds ready to put our plan into motion?"

"Let's go over it one more time." Oscar said.