Chapter 41:

Recap:

"I've ended it with Rebekah, just like you wanted me to."

"Well done. Good to know it's is still as effective as ever."

Dean frowned. "What is still as effective?" but before he could finish saying anything, his neck was snapped.

At the boarding house, Damon smiled as he's raised his tumbler to Dean. "One more drink before your rehab, kid."

"And I thought you were the fun Salvatore." Thomas smirked.

Rebekah had compelled him and he was not drinking as much as he was before.

Stefan chuckled before he looked up. "Rebekah?"

The two brothers stood up and Thomas raised his glass to his lips.

"He's gone." Rebekah murmured, her face blotchy.

Stefan looked shocked while Damon was sad. His eyes were red and pricked with tears.

********
Chapter 41:

It had been a week since Dean was last seen in Mystic Falls. Stefan and Damon tried their hardest to find their older brother, but to no avail. Meanwhile, his ex-fiance, Rebekah had spent her time crying and killing innocents. It was now Friday evening and she was crying in her room. There was a knock on the bedroom door and she screamed, "Leave me alone!"

There was a sigh on the other side of the door. "I'm afraid I can't do that, love."

"I mean it, Nik, leave me alone." Rebekah spoke softly.

"I need to tell you something," Klaus murmured.

Rebekah stopped inside the room. Wiping her tears, she sat up. "Is this another one of your tricks to get me to talk it out?"

Klaus sighed. "It's about Dean."

As soon as she heard Dean's name, Rebekah froze. "What are you talking about?"

"Can I come in?" Klaus asked.

Rebekah pondered and walked towards the door. Unlocking it, she stood back and Klaus opened the door slowly. "You look like hell." Klaus remarked pleasantly.

"Gee, thanks," Rebekah murmured. She looked at her brother square in the eyes. "What do you know about Dean?"

"He was taken."

Rebekah gasped.

"How do you know?"

"Because," Elijah said as he walked in, "Damon has a theory and it's proving to be true."

"What theory?" Rebekah asked, hope evident in her soft voice.

*2 hours ago*

At the Salvatore Boarding House, Damon was clutching his glass as he stared into the fire.

"She's not moving," Thomas remarked as he walked up the stairs. "Lizzie's still knocked out."

"That's the best thing for her," Elena said with a comforting smile.

Thomas nodded and he looked at his phone. "Where's Jeremy?"

"The Grill. Matt needed him. But you can go and see him there."

"Matt's the..uh...the one with the dark hair and the jackass attitude, right?"

Elena burst out laughing. "No, no, that's Tyler. Matt is blond and has blue eyes. Tyler's a...jackass only because his mom died." She looked at Damon before facing Thomas again. "Klaus killed her."