Chapter 38:

Recap:

Dean stared at it as he walked towards the window bed. A tear rolled down Dean's face as he stared at Rose's photograph.

"Why did you leave?" Dean sniffed as he stared at the photo. "You should've been more careful, Rose."

Back at the boarding house, Thomas was just fed up of Damon's theories of his sister's death and his heart was broken. He grabbed two bottles of bourbon and sped to the bedroom that he occupied. His eyes red with grief, Thomas gulped the alcohol down as if it was water.

Hours later, with Rose's body in the local morgue, a furious Elijah, Damon and Dean were discussing their next move.

"I know how to bring her back."

Elijah, Dean and Damon turned around with frowns on their handsome faces. They looked at each other before staring at the newcomer. Klaus arrived and he too, stared.

Chapter 38:
*********

Klaus, Damon, Dean and Elijah were standing there, frowns on their faces.

"There are no times for games." Klaus said dismissively. "Leave us in peace."

"It's no game, Nik, you know me better than that."

"How?" Dean demanded. He looked at the person. "How can we bring her back?"

"You have to destroy her body." Elle commanded. "By doing so, she will be able to come back."

"Why should we trust your words?" Dean asked.

"Because," Elle smiled grimly, "I am right. I was the reason Rose came back from the dead 200 years ago and I can be the one to bring her back this time."

Dean still looked dubious and Damon said, "What reason do you have to help us?"

"Because Rose and I were friends." Elle murmured. "Many years ago, I was her handmaid and she treated me as an equal." She looked at Klaus with contempt. "Even though she had men falling over her, wanting her, I was not envious."

Klaus looked at her, his gaze piercing into her soul. "Why don't I believe you?"

"Because you're in love with her." Elle murmured. "You think I don't want Rose to come back. You think I want you all to myself."

"And?" Damon questioned. "Do you? Have you got the hots for Klaus?"

"Yes." Elle gritted her teeth. "But that's not the point. The point is; Rose's body needs to be destroyed for her to come back."

"Destroyed how?" Elijah asked.

"With fire or water. They're two of the earth's elements. But there is no guarantee it'll work."

"Are you insane?" Dean lunged at Elle, but Klaus sped in front of her protectively. "You want to burn her?! Even if she doesn't come back?"

"Or throw her corpse at the bottom of the ocean." Elle murmured.

"Elijah." Dean looked at him desperately. "You can't let this happen. Please, don't. Rose does not deserve to be burnt or thrown at the bottom of the fucking ocean!"

Elijah looked at Elle calmly. "I'll find you later." Elijah murmured and he was gone.

"Don't do anything hasty." Damon threatened Elle and she nodded.

*one hour later*

It was the very early hours of the morning and Elijah was walking along Wickery Bridge, his hands in his pockets and a sad face to boot. He paused and looked up at the indigo sky. Stars sparkled and winked at him, making him miss his love even more.