Chapter 2.

Rose is played by Alexis Bledel who is truly one of the prettiest people I have ever seen. This is a picture of Rose from the 1800s, fresh faced and innocent.

Recap:

The girl's eyes were wide with fear as she saw there was a figure in the armchair in front of her. The back of the armchair was facing her so she couldn't see who the man was. However she had a feeling it was Oscar, her tormentor.

**********

Chapter 2:

No one's POV:

Rose shook as she was on the bed, her wrists tied together in front of her. She saw the figure raise up and shut her eyes, tears seeping out. She began to pray that the man wouldn't touch her like he did the other girls. Every night he had a different woman in his bed, most happy to be there whilst some there by coercion.

For the past 9 years, Rose had lived a lonely life, despite being surrounded by people.

Rose's eyes were still shut when she felt the bed move. Oscar stared at her, unblinking.

Oscar's father had wanted Rose for himself and after the two men challenged each other for the girl, they had a duel, with Oscar overpowering and eventually killing his own father. He felt no remorse as it meant that he had Rose all to himself.

"Open your eyes."

Rose did not.

Annoyed, Oscar grabbed her chin between his forefinger and thumb and he spoke more forcefully. "Open your eyes."

Rose slowly opened her eyes to look into the man's eyes before her. He smiled at her, and as he placed his hand on her hand, she felt sick at the slight touch. Unable to control himself, Oscar pushed the girl on the bed, only to be interrupted as a woman burst into the room and announced that the aristocrat was here. Reluctantly, Oscar stood up and dismissed the haggard woman. But before he left, he unbound Rose and slapped her hard across her face.

*After an hour*

Rose was bathed and sweet smelling. She was left to her own devices after the maids had beautified her. Her brown hair hung loose around her face, her rosy lips soft and pink. The most striking features of her face were her beautiful eyes, blue and piercing.

She was sitting in her cotton petticoat and waited for the maids to come back with her dress. This happened almost everyday where she was dressed and paraded in front of the world. When she refused to do so, she would be beaten black and blue not only by her fiancé, but his very influential family.

"Stand up missy Rose," a delicate voice asked and Rose complied, as she did everyday. After 10 minutes, she was dressed in a tight fitting long gown that made her already slim hips hurt pinch slightly. After the maids were satisfied that all of Rose's bruises were covered with the dress, they allowed her to leave the room, closely followed by a guard, in case she made a run for it like last time. This had resulted in her being starved for 2 days and locked in the dark basement.

Walking out of the room, to others she looked like a well off but submissive young woman who was living a very privileged life with a wealthy yet older fiancé. But some were aware of the grisly truth of her torture and abuse. 

Rose carried on walking slowly and felt the piercing gazes her choice of outfit was getting. This dress had been chosen by her fiancé who knew she would attract attention, which meant more visitors to ogle at her. The locals knew that Oscar's policy was look but don't touch.

"You look beautiful," Oscar grinned menacingly at her as he put his hand on her lower back, making her uncomfortable. When Rose didn't reply to the compliment, he pinched the delicate skin, making her gasp in pain. "Thank you, Master," she trembled out, just as she was trained to for the past 9 years.

Looking satisfied, Oscar pecked her forehead and turned at the sound of horns blaring. He knew what this signified and so did Rose, who looked more terrified than ever.

Rose's POV:

Hearing the horns, I felt my heart stop. I knew what this signified, it meant that the wealthy aristocrat was here to pick a few girls to buy. I knew I was next and stared at the horse's hooves, avoiding looking at the carriage where a few people were coming out.

To my right, there were young girls around my age, dressed in their best clothes just as I was, some looking eagerly at the approaching men whilst others like me were looking elsewhere, petrified out of their skins.

A few painfully long minutes passed and I saw a man stop right in front of me.

"Ah, she's a good find," he murmured in a silky voice and I stayed looking down at the ground, my hands clutched together. "Are you shy, my sweet?" he purred in my ear, his breath tingling me. His yellow teeth make me feel ill. I tried to move but he grabbed my arm and kissed my hand before leading me with him. I began to panic, not knowing where we were going.

Just then, another voice spoke and I looked up to see a handsome man around the age of 30. He glanced at me as if I was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen. I looked down again and Oscar appeared, taking my hand in his own, as if he was showing the others he was my owner. I was surprised at how gentle he was. He didn't bend or twist my fingers like he would if I ever stepped out of line.

"Ah, I thought you were selling her?" The aristocrat asked in a sneering voice.

"Rose is my fiancée, she belongs to me."

I looked at my free hand to avoid looking at any of the three men.

"Very well," the aristocrat spoke as I felt his gaze on me. "You play a fair game, Timmins. She's yours but I would have paid a handsome sum for her, especially as it's my son's birthday. I suppose he'll have to do with one of these whores," he added as he looked at the other girls hungrily. He looked back at me and beckoned his son, the handsome man who was now staring at me resentful, to follow him.

I sighed in relief as they walked away towards the girls on my right side. "You better pay me back kindly tonight," Oscar growled. He began to walk away and regretfully, I followed him as I had to, watching the aristocrat and his son choose a couple of the girls and glance at me.

Something inside me broke. It ooks like I was destined to be here for as long as I were alive.

Chapter two is done! What do you think?

Sorry it's short. Elijah will be introduced soon!

Love woo xx