Chapter 21.

Recap:

Downstairs, Dean had heard the exchange between Belle and Elijah and he smiled. He pulled out his phone and dialed a number.

"Rebekah." He smiled. "I need to see you. There's something I need to tell you."

He cut the call off and after draining his drink, he grabbed his leather jacket and sped out of the house.

********
Chapter 21:

*11:25pm*

"I'm gonna do it." Dean spoke. It was 11:25pm and he and Belle were walking towards the Grill. Even though they could have sped, Dean insisted on walking because he had some news to share.

"So what?" Belle murmured, distracted by her thoughts about Oscar.

"Ask Rebekah to be my wife."

"Oh." Belle said quietly. She stopped walking and grabbed Dean's arm. "Say what?" She grinned. When Dean chuckled, she squealed and hugged him. "Oh my God, I'm so happy for you. She'll say yes. I know I would." Belle looked at Dean. "But we're like siblings. That would be totally weird."

"You said it!" Dean laughed as he put his arm around Belle. "I'm gonna do it by the ruins. It'll be romantic, there's a small lake there too. Near Wickery Bridge."

"Sounds romantic." Belle smiled. She was now thinking about Elijah. She only saw him for 10 minutes today before he had to rush off. Then when she woke up, he was gone.

"You should go." Belle told Dean. "Don't worry, I'll be fine. I'm gonna go home. I've forgotten my bag anyway."

"Okay, stay safe, darling." Dean kissed her cheek. "I'll see you later and we can celebrate!"

Belle smiled and Dean sped off. Chuckling to herself, she walked towards the Grill to check the atmosphere before there was a chuckle behind her. Turning around, Belle rolled her eyes.

"Ugh, what do you want?"

"Careful, bitch, before I rip your tongue out." Katherine spat.

"Really? After I kicked your pathetic arse not once, but twice, you still threaten me?" Belle laughed as she flicked her hair out of her face.

"You took Elijah from me. You will regret it."

"Oh, honey, honey, honey." Belle sighed. "Elijah wasn't yours to begin with. Just like Stefan and Damon aren't yours. Just face it, you're destined to be all alone, compelling friends and sex."

Katherine's eyes flashed dangerously and she knew that Belle had around point.

"This isn't over." Katherine hissed.

"From where I'm standing, this wasn't even a thing. Now, why don't you get lost before I do something that might, let's say, make you regret even looking at Elijah."

Without a word, Katherine sped at Belle, but the witch-vampire-human was too quick. Katherine crashed into the wall.

"Ouch." Belle mouthed with a smirk. She looked at Katherine, who was glaring at her as her cuts healed.

"Just away from us." Belle warned, her eyes bright red. Without a word, Katherine was gone. "What a pathetic bitch." Belle murmured as she sorted her hair out. Chuckling, she sped to the boarding house, a place she now called home.

*near the lake*

A nervous Dean was pacing the street as he muttered. He sat on the bench before standing up and pacing again. There were footsteps and he looked up.