Chapter 43:

Recap:

"We have another one from the living world." Oscar ran to check who was back.

"Why can leave him in here and we can get out." Kai said in a low voice.

"I would, if I could." Rose sighed.

Back in Mystic Falls, Ellesmere braced herself as she walked across Wickery Bridge. Seeing a small group there, she took a deep breath and approached them.

"It was me."

Kol, Elijah, Klaus, Damon and Stefan looked to see Ellesmere standing alone.

"Come again?" Kol asked.

"I was the witch who did the sacrifice. Who helped Oscar-" Ellesmere looked down, her hands wrung together nervously. Seconds later, she was gasping for breath as Elijah pinned her against the wall.

"Why would you send that son of a bitch to the other side where my Rose is?!" Elijah thundered.

"I had to!" Ellesmere choked. "If I didn't, Rose's soul would've been lost and she would've been punished."

Elijah released her immediately.

"Punished?" He asked in a soft voice.

Ellesmere rubbed her throat. "She's not who she says she is. She's been lying for all this time."

*******
Chapter 43:

"What do you say?"

Rose gave a start. She looked at Kai.

"What?"

"We still have time." Kai said. "Let's ditch them and run as soon as the portal comes."

"I can't," Rose sighed. "Don't look at me like that. I just can't do that to him. To her. Look, she's just a kid."

"Why not?" Kai asked.

"Because...no matter how much I hate him, he's all I've had for the last few months."

Kai watched as Rose stared at Oscar.

"You still love him." Kai murmured.

Rose's mouth fell open.

"You do."

"No, how can I still love him when I've never loved him in the first place?" Rose chuckled bitterly. "How can I love him after everything he did to me?" Rose looked at Kai and her eyes darkened. "No one has been in love with the devil and lived to tell the story."

Kai chuckled.

Rose tensed up as Oscar walked up.

"So," Kai began, "What do you make of our new guest?"

Oscar looked back at the latest person to have arrived on the other side.

"She seems...how you say, legit?"

Rose cocked her eyebrow up.

"Did you just say legit?"

"I did," Oscar smiled.

"She doesn't love you." Kai smirked.

Oscar glared at Kai, who continued smirking.

"Shut up, you two. Let me talk to her." Rose walked towards the girl and sat beside her. "Hi."

"Hello," the girl smiled.

"I'm sorry if I appear to be too blunt, but how did you die?"

"I was murdered." The girl smiled.