Chapter 11: Jennie Vs. Charry

hello, sorry for not updating i was just busy these past few days. here's an update and thank you for waiting! don't forget to comment and vote! ;)

~

Jennie

Of all the people...why Lisa?

It could be Jisoo or Jimin, but why her? I didn't expect her to sleep over here since it is too obvious that she doesn't like me ever since our first encounter. I was about to ask her last night what's the reason but being a mannerless person as she is, she went straight towards Chaeyoung's room and spent her night there.

Although we didn't share a room, sleeping under one roof with her disquieted my resting heart and mind. But at the same time, there's a weird part of me that was aflutter about her presence. I feel safe with her. It feels like whenever she's near me, everything will be alright. She protects me, and even if she doesn't say it, I know she cares for me...maybe as a friend? But all of these thoughts disappeared when I suddenly remembered that she has a girlfriend. A girlfriend who hates me bigtime.

× ×

As I woke up early to get ready for the practical exam, my heart was pounding for some reasons and that includes the sleeping Lisa beside my room. Before I prepare my breakfast, I decided to make one for her too. I mean, it's kind of mean if I prepare just for myself only.

"Where's that fucking comb?" I mumbled to myself while fumbling around my vanity table for my comb with my eyes half opened.

I don't want Lisa to see my ugly and messy hair in the morning.

While walking toward the kitchen, I peeked at the door and thought that she's still sleeping so I just proceed to the kitchen and try to cook something for breakfast.

Luckily, there was a recipe book beside the refrigerator so I read it to look for an easy dish to cook, and just to be not too simple and plain for an egg recipe, I chose tuna omelette.

"Tuna Omelette, huh?" I softly chuckled while reading the instructions. "You got this Rubyjane. This is too easy..."

After I beat the eggs, I poured it in the preheated pan, letting it cook until it begins to turn golden brown.

"Add the tuna to the one side, and fold it using the side without the tuna..." I spoke as I read the recipe book but I suddenly remember that I forgot to prepare the tuna, so I quickly run to the countertop to get a tuna can on top of the cabinet and opened it as soon as my hand reached it.

"Oh crap!"

Rushing near the pan, I put the tuna can down quickly and flip the egg as quick as I can when the smoke started to spread and it smell burnt. I forgot to reduce the heat and I was so stupid seeing it set on medium-high heat. Damn.

"Who would eat this fucking shit?" I said while holding the burned egg using the tongs. No part of the egg can be eaten, so I just threw it on the trash bin. Yes, I just fucking wasted a food.

Lacking of cooking skills and because of my stupidity, I ended up ordering breakfast for two from the restaurant and let them deliver it here.

I was pacing back and forth in front of the door, hesitating to knock at first but I calmed myself down. "Come on, Jennie! You're just gonna invite her for breakfast, that's all!" My mind shouted.

I knocked on the door anyways, not minding the nervousness I feel. "L-Lisa?" I called her, but she's not answering. Is she that sleepyhead?

I knocked once again.

"If you're already awake, you can join me for breakfast. Don't worry I didn't cook, I just ordered it outside." I said and put my ear and lean on the door to hear if she's awake already, but no grunts and sounds were heard. So I decided to go inside, since it's not locked when I twisted the doorknob.