107 - Let the race begin!

Ashley's POV

That party last night was a blast. We sang, we danced, we played, we hugged, we cuddled, we kissed and make out, we laugh at lot and we celebrated with our friends.

Here I am, at the arms of the woman I love. I bever inagine seeing my self in this kind of relationship and Cara would often say that I taught her how to love herself but it is only half right, loving her had made me feel the same way.

I have been rumored to be in this kind of relationship ones. Being told I was romantically involve with my friend Sofia, well, almost, but never dive deeper than being friends. It was a misassumption for most of the people because they never really jnew what was happening behind the lenses of paparazzi cameras.

Relieving the moment, I found myself dazed, reminiscing 2013 all of a sudden....

Flashback....

"I will never be good enough for you, I will never be good enough for anyone." I shouted at Ryan.

Another bout of spiteful words thrown at each other. I love him, I know I do but he is too much most of the time.

"I am so tired of sharing you with another one of your bimboos, nor to deal with your jealous irrationalities. I have enough, we're done." I shouted him. I got out of his place with my dog on hand.

My phone started ringing and it was my friend Sofia who was calling.

"Hey, Benzo, wanna hang babe?" She said.

"Yes, I need all the support I can get." I sId sniffing, it was so obvious that I was crying.

"Hey!!!! Where are you? I'll pick you up, you are not in the correct mind set to drive. I will also ask Spyform to go with us." She said.

"Thank you, I am outaide Ryan's place." I said and ended the call.

After 30 minutes.

I saw her car parked beside mine. "Hsy, baby girl. You okay? Come on." Sofia said when she gathered me in her arms. I poured my heart out and when we parted my eyes are so puffy and her shirt was wet with my tears.

"Let's get out of here." She said and escorted me back to the car.

After that moment, we hang out more often, being seen on parties together, being papped getting groceries and we both have been active on each other's twitter and instagram.

"I like you, you know that right?" She said one day. I sense what she was referring to but I can't accept her. Not because of who she was but because of norm.

"I like you too, Sof. I like Ryan still too. A lot." I said smiling but anyone can see that it was fake.

"I juat hope that you'll find it in your heart to accept who you are and not be influwnce by your family, friends and the industry you work in." Sofia said as she walked away.

It hurts to see my friend grow indifferent to me but she needs to know it, I like her bit not enough for me to cross that bridge over.

I was in this dazed state when....

I was in this deep thought when Cara kissed me on the lips. I reciprocated with equal passion.

"You were in deep thought for a moment there. I have beencallin you out foe quite sometime now, baby. What is wrong?" Cara asked as she hugged me to her tightly.

"You know, you always say that I taught you how to love yourself? That is not the end of tbe story baby, please always remember that we both taught each other that. You are my first girl relationship. You are that person who made me cross that bridge willingly and wholeheartedly. You made me accept myself and learn to give jmportance to what I feel. Remember I told you how I was somewhat with a girl then? It was not a lie, I down played it a bit. I was not with her technically, we were the closest, even closer than lovers, she felt sompething for me but I did not accept it, I cannot." I said emotionally.

"It was Sofia, right? I know that. You were young then, babe. You were bounded by society norms and as much as it sucks, our kind, women who love women are not embraced by this society with open arms. I understand what you did and I don't fret about it. I don't even mind it. But if it puts you at ease, I don't really mind it. You love me now, you are with me now and we are in a serious, committed relationship. We are not bounded by rules but by love." Cara said as she got up and look straight to my eyes, her blues mirroring mine.

"This is one of the reasons why I am so willin to take this dive and risk my heart. I was never wrong about you, Cara. I will be damned to let you go. You have my whole heart now. I will be so broken if you leave me alone." I said with an intense emotion. My eyes glistening with unshed tears. My heart hs been restricted for years, it was ocked and was rotting away but with Cara, I am alive. I am at my happiest despite the criticisms and unacceptance.

"Well, I will never intentionally break yours, it will break mine as well, babe and I will not be just broken, I will be wrecked. I love you so much, Ashley Victoria Benson. No more reservations, only pure, unadulterated love." Cara said and in between this love confessions, we expressed this love in th most primitive, raw passion. We made sweet love.

After 3 hours of practically showing our deep emotions, we showered together and changed. We were making our way to our cute dining area.

My phone rang and I don't recognize the number. Cara had a glimpse of it and she took my phone and answered it.

"Hello Christa, what is it?" Cara said and I looked at her confused.

"Hey C, it is not Christabel, its Jazzy. Where are you, guys? We are already at the seaside restaurant for Christabel's birthday.

"Ohh, we just woke up. Let us prepare, we'll meet you there." Cara said and hang up.

"Christabel has your number, baby? I love it." She said and kissed my cheeks. "You're the first one she ever asked for a personal number amongst my exes." She added.

"Really? I am honored." I said hugging Cara close.

When we arrive, everybody was crowding. There was a small circle by the sand and everybody seems to be betting on something.

"Come on lovebirds, which one would you choose? Game on, it is crab racing!" James said and we can't helo but laugh out loud. Cara's friends, most of them in their 30s and here they are out in the sand, playing with crabs. A little childish, So fun, so limitless and so much fun!