Chapter 57- Sicko Mode Won't Stop Me

"My body is weak and sickness engulfs me. I need you here,baby. Hold me and kiss me,  you are my cure. This loneliness shall pass cause my heart is strong."

Ashley's POV

to say that I was busy would be an understatement. Aside from staying in L.A. I was summoned be in Paris earlier.  I also didn't stay long in L. A as the New York branch needed me.  Cara, on the other hand, become extremely busy with the campaign with the collaboration between Puma and Teen Vogue.

I can feel that our efforts in seeing each other were in vain. I haven't seen my girl physically for more that a week now and I am so grateful for facetime.

As I spent the day at the office in NYC and to travel to Paris the next day,  I received a facetime request from my Angel.

"Hi baby.  I miss you so much." I said upon seeing her face but something is wrong. "Are you sick, babe?" I inquired.

"Uhm,  hi Love. Uhm,  I am running a slight fever.  Don't worry,  I've already taken my meds." She said sounding so weak and I know that she is just trying to be okay in front of me.

"Who is with you,  today?" I asked urgently.

"Urgh,  no one. My manager just left after I took my meds." She said sipping her tea.

"Please go to the hospital, baby. Better yet, please rest for now. I will contact Remi to look after you there,  okay?" I said as worry clouded me.

"That would be great honey. I will hang up now to rest. I miss you,  Ash,. i love you." she said as she smiled sweetly despite her weakness.  "Dream of me." I added.

The phone call ended and I instantly called for my assistant. I ordered to book a private jet for me.

After taking all the important documents for the Paris launch,  I set my mind in taking the night flight to go to my baby in L. A.

As I boarded the plane,  I called Remi real quick.

"Remington?  hon,  I am on my way to go there. Can you arrange for doctor Sam to meet with me at the airport in 3 hours? Cara is sick and she needs me. I will be worried sick if I don't see her now." I said and Remington said that he understands.

After agonizing hours on air, finally,  the plane landed. "I am here now Baby.  Just a little longer." This mantra keeps on repeating on my head.

As the car pulled up inside Cara's mansion,  I hurriedly got off and shoot out like bullet to reach my girl's room.

"Baby?" I called out softly as I opened her bedroom door.

"Hmmm." I heard a groan and I was instantly beside her bed.

What I saw melted my resolve. Here she is, in front of me and is shivering and curled up like an infant.

Without thinking through, I climbed up the bed and inside the covers.  I held her pulling her towards me, spooning her to reduce her shivers.

"Baby, its okay,  I am here now. Cara? please open your eyes,  baby." I cooed softly.  She opened her eyes and saw me.

"Ash? why are you here?  I thought you're busy? " She said as shdme snuggled with me closely.

"I am but nothing is as important as you. I can't bear to be away knowing yoy are sick and alone." I said with emphasis and I saw Remi signaling if they can enter the room.

Doctor Sam checked on Cara. She said that it was only a fever and it will be okay after she took her prescribed meds and rest.

Cara nodded her head and dig into the porridge I made. "Baby,  slow down. Here let me feed you,  Ahhh." I took the spoon from her and fed her myself.

She rested for a while after before she got ip with renewed strength and took out her phone. We were just taking goofy pictures when we both decided to scroll our insta accounts.

She came across  some fan speculation about her laying low and I know she needs to do something about it.

She thwn made an IGS about her beeing sick and the rumors died down immediately

She resumed resting beside me and we fell asleep together.

The next morning. My assistant called me and said that I need to sign sime papers at rhe New York office. I told Remi about it and we decided to stop by New York first before going to Paris.

Cara heard the phone conversation and she embraced me and kissed me.

"I am okay now baby. I also know that you are so busy right now. Let me call  for the pilot to prepare the jet. We will leave together. I will rest on the plane." She reasoned out quite well and in 45 minutes we are on air bound for New York.

Cara's POV

I know it is a little reckless for me to travel in this weak state of mine but I am a lot better than the past few days.

Who would have thought that my baby will take an emergency flight to LA just to take care of me.

She decided to head straight to her Prive office and finished her necessities.

After another hour,  we are on our way to her condominium.

Together with Remi,  we arrived at home and ordered food.

After 6 six of staying In New York,  we decided to be at the airport earlier.  Due to some mixed ups,  we found ourselves on a taxi going to the airport.

"Hey Ash, your fans are asking me where you are.  Some are saying that they want you to go live. " Remi said as he glanced at me.

"Sure,  just give me a second." Ashley said as I stayed silent."

"Baby,  I will go online now.  Can you barge in the convo?" she said to which I simply nodded and she started.