Chapter 52-Friend's Advice

"Seeing you in a new light is very refreshing. You standing here beside me is truly addicting. Your scent sends me into overdrive and you warmth is what I miss through the night."

Ashley's POV

After I called that cool off between Cara and I, I was dull. I felt life pass by me and I was not happy. The very next day after that conversation with her, I flew back to New York alone. Tyler and Shay wanted to accompany me but I persuaded them to stay and enjoy Burning Man.

Upon arriving in New York, I focused on work at Prive and my dogs. I was often seen with Izak and a rumor of us falling in love have circled for two days. I called my agency for retractions and soon it was forgotten.

I found out through Shay that Cara had visited their camp the next day after our incident but she missed me. I had just left for New York. Cara also constantly called and sent me messages but I stopped myself from replying to them. Poppy and Chloe also checks on me everyday and I told them that I am fine. They will also start telling me Cara's schedule and I told them that I am busy at the moment.

Two days before my flight to Toronto I have received a message from Cara. She said that she will be filming for Puma until the 8th and won't be able to attend the pre-screening event on the 8th but will be present on the days after.

I didn't reply to her messages and just read them. It was already 7:30Pm and I was startled by the nonstop knocking on my door. I peeped in and saw my friends.

"Hey, you've been hauled up here all the time. Come on let's go party." Erin said pulling me up from the couch and pulled me towards my closet.

She dressed me up and we made our way to the basement parking lot. Since there was five of is, I opted to bring the range rover.

I partied with my friends but my thoughts are always with Cara.

"You're thinking about Cara again, aren't you." Erin said as she took my shoulders and pulled me away from the dance floor. She guided me towards our VIP table and requested for me to talk it out.

"She was still in love with Paris, Er. Her face basically lit up when she was talking to her over the phone." I said sounding so hurt.

"Did she tell you that or you just assumed? She might have only missed her. They were close friends for years before everything went haywire when they tried dating each other. I shluld know those two are my friends too." Erin said making me realize a cruvial mistake I've made.

"I didn't listen to her, Er. I just asked for a cool off." I said sniffing.

"Then it is better. Take this time to reflect on everything and to find the goal for your relationship. I have seen you and Cara together and it is far more deeper than what Cara and Paris have. They were basically together before but there was no strings attached. Cara never want any labels and that must have told you how important and loved you should be. She surpassed her stated limitation for you Ash. She wanted to build a future for you both. Don't let your jealousy and insecurity enter the picture. I bet you wanted to tell thw world that she is yours, correct? But you cannot do that because you are afraid? Well, you guys have been doing great dating in private but I think it is time for you to ignore social norms and just be your lovely self, Ash. You did not have that opportunity with Ryan before. Even your flirtations and on off relationship with Tyler did not work out but believe me, take this c GB ance with Cara and open and show her your true self. The spontaneous Ashley Victoria that we, your true friends, know." Erin said sobering me up.

"I guess I still have a few more days to myself. Thank you Er, you are definitely one of the few people who knows me outside this so called fame." I said excusing my self to freshen up at the bathroom.

After making sure that I was sober enough, I gathered my friends and head out to a nearby restaurant for a late night snack.

We were conversing freely when I received a message.

"Baby, I know you are asleep but I want to tell you that I miss you so much. I love you, Ash and please have a great dream even if I am not on it." Cara said and I immediately excused myself to call her.

"Hi. Why are you still awake." Cara asked me as soon as she picked up.

"I am here at Ihop with friends. We kind of went clubbing" I said unsure how to carry on the conversation.

"How are you, baby?" Cara asked me after sometime.

"I am not okay. I miss you too, baby and I want you here near me. I don't want to continue this stupid cool off. I love you so much and I want you with me." I said in my outburst. I can no longer hide it. I miss my baby so much.

"I love you too baby. So very much, Ash. Unfortunately, I can't be with you today. I am here in London right now for a Burberry meeting but I will fly tomorrow. I will change my landing. I want to be there with you and be in Toronto together for TIFF." She said sounding happy for the first time in these past couple of days.

"Baby, I know how important your work is so don't. Just follow your original schedule and show up to your appointments. I will see you in Toronto on the 9th though I'll be in Toronto fron the 8th. I can wait that much to be with you again and don't rush. We both know that we are still healing from the previous events." I said and Cara sigh heavily.

"Don't sigh and don't pout over the phone, babe. I am not there to kiss it away. You better show up wearing something sexy on TIFF so that I can ravage you closed doors." I said chuckling as I here Cara gulped audibly over the phone.

"Baby, you just made me so horny. What to do?" She said teasing me.

"You will do nothing if you want me to have my wicked ways with you." I said and we tallked some more until I saw that my friends are basically outside already waiting for me. We said our goodbyes and kissed through the phone. I hurriedly went to where my friends arem

"Seems like you and Cara made up. Your face just brightens up just like that." Sara said teasing me.

"Yup, we are." I said cocking my eyebrows towards Erin and we all got in my car. They decided to stay at my place for the night.