fifty two

"How is your night?" I smile up at Rhys, who is looking down at me with strong arms completely enclosing me. I'm turned to him now and my arms are holding him back. He smirks down at me in a flirty way. 

"Good. Good now that I have you with me. Although, Bowers isn't really what I had in mind for tonight."

I giggle at him but I pout my lip anyway. "I wanted to dance tonight. Me and Ronnie did."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah, and with Kayden kind of," I say the last part a little quieter and give him a nervous smile.

"Kind of, hey?" His eyes darken, shooting me a dangerous look. It sends delicious shivers down my spine.

"Yeah. Well, I don't know." I giggle at him. I have no idea why but he's making me so nervous I have to laugh. 

He pulls me even tighter against him if that's even possible and lightly pinches my chin with his thumb. "You're being reckless tonight."

"How so?"

He chuckles in response and shakes his head. I feel his hands rub up and down my arms as if to warm me up. He suddenly looks down at me as if a little concerned. "Are you feeling okay? How much did you have to drink tonight?" He looks at me hesitantly as if he's unsure asking. 

"A lot!" I say, probably sounding way too exuberant on the idea. "But I feel great! Wanna have shots with us? Kayden's buying."

He makes a groaning sound before ever-so-casually rolling his eyes. 

"What?" I laugh, nudging him in his side.

"Nothing. Come here." He brings us closer to the bar next to where Ashton and Ronnie are. They seem to be having some kind of conversation that is causing Ashton to look angry and Ronnie to look... silly? She is laughing at him. 

"What's so funny?" I blurt out. Ashton looks at me and his eyes narrow a bit. 

"Don't, Theo."

"But Ashy, don't be mad. You weren't even invited." 

He lifts an eyebrow at me along with everyone else. "Weren't you the one drunk calling Rhys just five minutes ago?"

Oh. Okay. Ouch... thanks for saying that one out loud, Ashton. 

I notice Ronnie give me a wild look before bursting into a fit of laughter, immediately causing me to join her. Oops. I feel a squeeze on my arm but ignore it. 

"Where's Kayden?" I ask, suddenly remembering that he was getting me a drink. 

Ashton gives me a look. "Who cares?"

"What's wrong with you?" I maneuver my way awkwardly out of Rhys's hold and take a few steps to see if I can find him.

"Where are you..." I hear Rhys mutter behind me but I don't turn around. I probably shouldn't be trying to look for Kayden but I kind of want to keep drinking. Plus, he's been really nice and I think he knows I'm with Rhys anyway. Am I with Rhys? I hesitantly look behind me to sneak a peek at him. He looks so freaking good. Ugh. I hope I get to be with him.

He looks at me with those damn eyes that absolutely pierce into me, freezing me on the spot. He looks so young just standing there with hair all messy and hands in his pockets looking cluelessly at me. I wonder what he was doing before this. He's wearing a yellow Henley and black shorts. It's effortlessly sexy and he has no idea. He's perfect.

Okay, Theo. Relax.

He's looking at me like I'm growing two heads right now. Probably because I'm just standing here staring at him while on my way to find another boy. Oh, God. Is he mad about that fact? Now that I'm thinking about it out loud in my head it does sound rather shady. I almost unknowingly make my way over to him. I notice his face change in expression as I reach him, obviously unaware of what I'm doing. I don't even know what I'm doing... but he looks so cute and lonely right now. I like him. I do. I want him to know that.