Ch. 4 - Battlefield

Alright guys, this chapter is called Battlefield by Jordan Sparks. Like always, I feel it's pretty self explanatory. You'll see what I mean. I love you all! Don't forget to comment and vote :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm going to keep what happened a secret until we get home. Riker takes me to the Lynchs house instead of mine. Still sobbing just as rapidly as before, I'm catered into the house by the boys. Ryland still has his arm around me, hugging me from the side. Inside I find Rydel and Ross on the couch watching TV. They look up to see me crying and instantly jump up to see what's going on. Soon enough, practically all the Lynch kids are crowding around me. It's comforting but also kind of annoying.

"I need space" I say in between sobs. They all back away but Ross, who instead of Ryland, now has his arm wrapped around my waist. He leads me to chair, as everyone goes to sit down on the couch. There's an awkward silence in the room, but I'm not fazed by it. All I can think about is what I saw, and how my life will never be the same again. Ross sits me into his arms and cradles me.

"Shh, don't cry.....it's okay.....just tell us what happened...." I sit up, squirming to get comfortable on Ross' legs. He wraps his arms around my waist, hugging me from behind, and resting his head on my back. I wipe my eyes and pull myself together.

In between gasps I managed to get out "I saw.. Nick. Holding hands and walking with some other girl," I started. "Then....he...kissed her," I manage to get out, before falling apart again. Ross', Rocky's and Ryland's eyes flash with anger. The three share a look, and that's all I see before I look down at my hands. Riker and Rydel's facial expressions turned sympathetic.

"I'll be right back," Ross whispers in my ear before placing me where he was just sitting. I turn my attention back to my hands, Riker and Rydel filling up the space around me.

"It's okay, you'll get over him," Rydel squeezes my hand.

Where did Rocky and Ryland go? I look up to see they're gone. And so is Ross.

"Where'd they go?!" Riker and Rydel were too focused on me to notice they had left.

"Oh my god!" they both say before getting up and dragging me out the door. Riker's SUV is gone. In this moment, I can literally feel my heart take a free fall into my stomach. They know where Nick lives, and I know what they're going to do.

"I'll get the keys to the van." he announces before running inside and coming back a few seconds later. We all jump in the van. Riker backs out of the drive way and steps on the gas.

"I can't believe this." Riker says in shock.

"Em, don't cry, it's gonna be alright." Rydel said squeezing my hand.

"I.....can't" I sob. She shoots me a gloomy look and then turns to look at Riker's driving.

"RIKER WATCH OUT!" Riker slams on the breaks instantly to avoid running into another speeding car,  nearly throwing all of us our of our seats. We just miss it. I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding. We all look around at each other.

"Is everyone okay?" Riker asks, regaining his breath. Rydel and I nod and he begins driving again, but not as fast. That was scary.

We pull up into Nick's drive way where Riker's SUV is already parked. By this time Ross, Rocky and Ry are walking out of his front door, breathing heavily. I jump out of the van before it even comes to a complete stop. I run as fast as I can, past the boys and through the door. I run into the living room to find Nick on the floor, bloody and broken. I neal down next to him, shaking him.

"NICK!...Nick please wake up. Nick! Come on! Please..." I give up. I lay my head down on his chest, and sob into his bloody t-shirt. "Please come back, baby," I whisper into his neck. My head is pounding so hard against my skull, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it just explodes. I can feel my pulse beating all through my body. My stomach feels like it's tied in knots. Is is hot in here or is it just me? I faintly hear his heart beat slowly under my head.

Behind me, I hear Rydel yelling at the boys. "What were you guys thinking?! You can't just come into his house and beat him up!"

Ross interrupts her. "THAT ASSHOLE DESERVED IT ANYWAYS. HE WAS A COMPLETE JERK TO EM!, SHE'S JUST TOO IN LOVE WITH HIM TO SEE IT. HE HAD IT COMING, NOW THE WORLD JUST FINALLY GAVE US A GOD DAMN REASON!" he yells. Loud. Rydel hesitates, Ross never yells, or cusses.

This is when Riker steps in. "Don't you guys know you can serve JAIL TIME for this?!" This shuts them up real fast. I would step in, but I feel too weak to even attempt to get up. So I let myself drift asleep to the sound of Nick's heart beat. Not that I have much choice anyways.